Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.m.p. Profile (s) - help, hindrance, or pure spoof ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.m.p. Profile (s) - help, hindrance, or pure spoof ??

EVGA P67 SLI/INT I72600K/G.Skill F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL(1866)

Just received, installed, and brought up to BIOS adjust my new "kit" of GS F3-14900CL9Q-
    16GBXL RAM. Removed my non "kit"/matching 16GB (4x4) of GS Ram which had been running
    on a "custom" RAM config on my board, with some settings (the ones I recognize) set and adjusted manually. Set timing specs for new RAM (as directed 9-10- 9-28 w/command at 2
    (seems one can't enter an N or T) in Chan. A & B in manual and left all other (absolutely no idea what are or how to adjust - if necessary) possible to adjust specs in auto. F4'd and up it came very nicely. Ran for an hour or so, and I'd thought about the possible "advantages" I was missing by not utilizing the illustrious INTL X.M.P. Profile(s) (What's the difference, #1 or #2??) So - in I go to select and enable the dubious advantage(s) of X.M.P.
    Typically, and I should have listened to my single cylinder grey matter(brain) - IT wouldn't
    BOOT. Well, IT's obviously running now, very nicely in fact, and with all (after CMOS button
    click and restoring all my orig manual settings to MANUAL.
    There - anybody else having any disagreements/problems/ et al. with X.M.P. ??
    Now for the true crux here - and I'm still a bit embarassed/ashamed to ask (can't find one & I've tried) - Herr Tradesman and Herr G Skill Tech - if you're out there - Can/
    May I also purchase, con, or cajole a fine G.Skill CASE BADGE from you people??
    Thank you for listening (perhaps "reading")
    Der Ack
    Last edited by DerAck; 07-19-2011, 03:52 PM.

XMP is great. With a matched motherboard and CPU, you can attain high memory speeds with just one setting in UEFI/BIOS. AMD systems require extensive tweaking and manual settings, but an Intel platform could take 1 minute.

With your particular case, it is possible that the UEFI sets some advanced timings too low for full slots. It may be a bug, so we would need to re-test and have EVGA solve that in future UEFI firmware updates.

Regarding the badge, I'll have that out to you tomorrow.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X