Quick question regarding voltage and i5 2500k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question regarding voltage and i5 2500k

Hey guys, I recently purchased the G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Model F3-17000CL9D-4GBXL in anticipation of my 2500k processor upgrade but then I saw that these run at 1.6 volts and I've been reading that the recommended voltage for Sandy Bridge is 1.5v and any higher than that could potentially damage the processor.

So my question is am I 100% safe with this RAM at 1.6v? Will it not reduce/potentially damage the life span of my processor?

Also if I set the speed down to 1600 will it reduce the voltages it runs at? maybe?

As a side note I do plan on overclocking in the future.

Yes, don't worry, the RipJaws X is made specifically for the Sandybridge systems so they are guaranteed to work just fine.

They will not damage your hardware, the low voltage rating is always the same because CPU companies want you to stick with DDR3-1333 or lower, but we all know they can easily support higher.

Yes, running them at DDR3-1600 will reduce voltage, so maybe 1.50V will be stable.

You can try DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24, then 7-8-7-24.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for the answer, very reassuring and lots of info, great support .

Now I am at peace.

Comment

Working...
      X