• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with F3-10666CL9D-4GBNS when not used individually

Motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme4
    Memory: F3-10666CL9D-4GBNS
    CPU: Intel i3-2100 3.1GHz

My new computer, which I assembled myself, was having very frequent BSoD as soon as it was built. Thinking it might be the RAM, I took out one of the DIMMs, leaving the other in place, and found that the computer was running much better. I think there were still a couple crashes, although much less frequently. The computer also runs well with only the DIMM that I originally removed. I used Memtest on one of the DIMMs over last night and it found just one error (on the 21st pass in test #6) which I am not sure if I should be concerned about. The other DIMM, in the same slot, is now up to the 9th pass in Memtest with no errors so far.

So it seems like the DIMMs work fine, but not flawlessly, individually, but when used together the computer becomes unusable. I updated the BIOS to the latest version (1.70) and changed the mobo automatically determined voltage (1.59) to the G.Skill-specified voltage (1.50). These did not work.

The motherboard has 4 slots for the DIMMs. In order to use dual channel, they must be placed in slots 1 & 3 or 2 & 4. The failures seem to occur whether I have the DIMMs in a dual channel configuration or not. e.g. slots 1 & 2.

I'm quickly becoming frustrated with this and any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Send them in for RMA, that one module with errors must be causing problems.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X