Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSkill Ripjaws 8 GB & AMD

HI,

I have recently purchased an 8 GB GSkill Ripjaws PC3-12800 1600 MHz (2 X 4 GB) CL9.
    My mother board is a Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H and the CPU is a Phenom II X6 1090T.
    The setup was initially fine but i noticed that it was occasionally freezing and it gave me a blue screen a couple of times on Windows 7 Ultimate.

The memory was running on the default timing 9-9-9-24 1.51V 1600 MHz.

I ran memtest86 V4.0 and when it got to test #7 (Block Move) it started registering errors! a lot of them, so i started pocking around online till i found this forum and i did as it was suggested in one of the posts to step down the timings to 8-8-8-24 1.5V and the ram frequency to 1333 MHz as a fail safe settings.

I made sure that my bios is up to date as well then I retested the PC and the same set of errors happened.

Is there anything i need to test or do to make sure that the problem is not from the memory?
    and if it was what should i do?

Thank you
    Yazeed

Yeah, sounds like you may have a bad stick or possibly both.
    Are you running both modules in the outside, dual channel slots (furthest away from the CPU)?
    Try a slight increase with the CPU/NB and HT voltages.
    What is the BSOD error code?
    Is your 1090T overclocked?

Memtest should be run on each stick of memory individually.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
    Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
    SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
    Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    Corsair HX850W Modular
    Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
    2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

If you have the latest BIOS, it should work with those settings. You can test one module at a time to see if one may be bad causing issues.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi,

I have tried to perform the test on each stick individually with the same result for each. which seemed a bit odd!

I tried placing the modules in different combinations on the motherboard as well, they are currently on slot 1 and 3 as stated on the motherboard manual if i wanted to have a dual channel setup.

I usually wait for a couple of months before i start overclocking the machines i build just so i would notice the difference in performance. and I've only had this one for 2 weeks.

I just tried increasing the CPU/NB and the HT voltages as suggested bellow with no change.

I am attaching a screen shoot of the errors when they start appearing on the memtest if that may help in anyway.

Regards

Comment

Have you tried using the guide to configure BIOS? Post some BIOS settings and we can see what's going on.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X