Random Reboots and Lock Ups - Possibly Memory Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Reboots and Lock Ups - Possibly Memory Related

Hey Everyone, I've had an ongoing issue that I have been yet to solve so I'm looking for some assistance.

For the last month my computer has been randomly restarting, freezing and at times BSODs. Over the last 2 weeks it has gotten extremly bad. Generally 10+ random restarts plus some BSODs. The BSODS or generally memory related. It's so bad I keep a running tally of how many crashes a day to see if I can beat yesterdays record!

After it restarts or BSODs the initial bios screen only shows I have 4gb of RAM instead of 6gb. To fix this I shut it off and lightly push on each DIMM. When I boot back up it will show 6gb again.

I've run MemTest on each DIMM several times and they always pass.

At first I thought I had a bad DIMM slot on my MB so I RMAed my board. I got the new one last week and it was fine for the first day. Then the second day the same exact issue surfaced again and has continued every day.

I currently have no OC on the system. Everything is at manufacture recommended settings.

I know it's not my windows install because it does it on a separate install of Windows and Linux on separate HDDs.

Even though the memory passes Memtest I'm still thinking it is RAM related. This because I can fix the issue but pushing on each DIMM or taking out the 3rd stick and putting it back in again.

Does anyone here have any idea what could be causing this?

System Info:

Core i7 920
    EVGA X58 E758 Motherboard
    EVGA GTX 260 C216 Graphics card
    6gb G.Skill PI 1600mhz CAS 7 Memory 2gb X3
    Corsair TX850 PSU

Try cleaning the contacts with an eraser or alcohol, then try again. If problem persists, send them in for RMA and a new kit should work better.
    Make sure memory slots are clear of any dust as well.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X