MSI Z68a-GD80 + turbulence 8gb 2200mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI Z68a-GD80 + turbulence 8gb 2200mhz

MSI Z68A-GD80 (oc genie off, with corsair h60 cpu cooler, around 46 degrees celcius, as it reads in the bios. reset the cmos many times, tried a different cmos battery, also flashed to the newest BIOS version. )
    8GB DDR3 g.Skill turbulence 2200mhz RAM (tried with 1 stick in DIMM 1 slot @1333 @1.6v, ect)
    GTX480 x 2 (tried with and without a video card, tried on board via dvi, same result)
    i7 2600k default values across the board
    OCZ MX 1250W PSU
    Tried with no HDD even, when installing windows, would get to the Starting Windows screen and freeze, or give me a BSOD: IRQL IS NOT LESS OR EQUAL TO
    But I have also tried with hard drives, 120gb revodrive, 64gb ssd from corsair, and 640gb 6gb/s from western digital.

Everything I have tested on a different system working, including the processor. Am I missing something? The RAM might not be compatible? I unfortulately do not have another stick to test on the mobo.

Edit: Also, tried with both 32 bit and 64 bit w7 disks.

Both sticks individually had a problem? Exchange for RipJaws X and it should be fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Theres four sticks of 2gb each. And all of them have been tried. I can exchange them for another set of modules?

Comment

Yes, request RMA, then ask the RMA dept. which RipJaws X kit you can exchange for.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X