Ripjaws on Gigabyte P35C-DS3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws on Gigabyte P35C-DS3R

I'm having some issues with GSKILL Ripjaws F3-10666Cl9D-8GBRL 2x 4gb kit.
    MOBO: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R rev 2.0 - F2 BIOS version.
    PROC: Intel Core2Duo E6750
    GFX: XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

I don't OC but I've increased the fsb clock form 1066 which got on by default when I plug the ram in to 1333 which is declared frequencie for these modules.

My issue is that when I connect both of modules on it everything gets really slow.
    Memtest86+ took 2-3 hours to make 1 pass, but no errors or anything out of the ordinary(slowness).
    Everythings works fine with only one module on the motherboard but two instead of doing dual channel action and being actually faster, are more slow and it takes up to 2-5 minutes to load my OS. It's almost as if I don't have any ram when I plug in 8 GB.

Memtest and motherboard recognize the RAM and report everything as fine. CPUZ is fine with them ...

The only noticable thing is tests run in Memtest86+ v4 is that the test gets really slow on 8192M-8706M. When they pass that block.

I really need some propositions to solve this:
    flashing BIOS, using some other series of ripjaws, maybe trying something else.
    But changing hardware curently isn't a possibility.

Definitely make sure you have latest BIOS. P35 did not fully support 4GB modules..

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X