Rampage Extreme + QX9770 - which ram / elpida hyper, d9gtr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rampage Extreme + QX9770 - which ram / elpida hyper, d9gtr

Hello everyone! I finally managed to put togerher my dream machine for my current financial situation, but now I'd need only memory, because I currently have G.skill Pi series CL6 2000MHz (F3-16000CL6T-6GBPID - Powerchips - using only 2 of 3 sticks), but compatibility when overclocking isn't as I expected and also I have noticed that the best for QX are with Elpida Hyper or Micron D9GTR/GTS chips... Do G.skill have any memory with those chips, maybe yet producing or discountinued, not matter, anyway I'm using used components because of the price and because of previous user's experience, like for my CPU I know that it can reach 5GHz because previous user had, mobo can reach 625MHz FSB with E8600 (I expect max 600 with QX) and so my radeon HD 6950 video card was able to unlock from 6950 to 6970 and OC to 1052/1570 stable without any Vmod...
    So it's not matter it's still produced or discountinued, I'd need a desired memory or model. It's not matter anyway if it's 6GB kit or 4GB kit or single 2 or 4 GB stick, just has to work with 1T at least at 575MHz (1150MHz - 2300MHz quad pumped) at lowest possibe latency (desired 6-8(7)-6 ). I'm currently running at 520MHz 6-8-6-22 1T and can't go higher with this ram, also the whole system is limited because of ram, I can't reach FSB higher than 550 (of course I lowered cpu multipler and memory ratio), I tested some OCZ reaper with elpida hyper and I could reach 590 with no problem, so I think it's problem in compatibility or sth is not OK when OCing that the mobo can't get higher...
    Do anyone have any good experiences with some other chips in combination with QX or C2Q and X48?

Thank you,
    best regards,
    Bogdan

Anyone?

Do g.skill have any memory with Elpida Hyper / micron D9GTR chips?

Thank you

Comment

Not any more. New platforms require low voltage, so we have transitioned to new chipsets that meet the requirement. You will need to search the internet for older kits that may contain these chips.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Did g.skill produced memory with those chips? I'll certanly use ebay and look for used ones, because all current selling memory is for i5/i7 plattforms and adapted for it's memory controllers. Is it possible that mobo wouldn't reach fsb 500 because of ram? Previous owner of this mobo reached easily 550 fsb with Corsair's XMS3 ram, many people says that it's the best for RXE?

Comment

Yes, Perfect Storm and HZ series used some of those high performance chips that work extremely well with that motherboard. That mobo and CPU combination is surely capable with a good set of memory.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X