Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL 16GB Ripjaws X F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXLD with Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7 B3

Hi

I am having great difficulty getting my 16GB kit to work at its specified speeds

Below is rough list of the components

G.SKILL 16GB Ripjaws X F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXLD
    Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7 B3 Bios updated to F4c
    Intel i7 2600K with Noctua NH-D14 cooler
    Sapphire ATI 4850x2 2GB
    Seagate 1TB 7200 x 1, 4x 2TB,
    Pioneer BDR-206K Blu Ray

I've had issues trying to run it stable at any speed higher then 1600mhz. The computer would just hang/crash and then reboot loop when XMP is turned on. Have tried placing performance on standard and no luck. Have also tried manual settings putting DRAM voltage at 1.66v and increasing VTT incrementally up to 1.4 volts with no luck (not sure if I shout try higher but didn't want to risk damage) . Ive tried to use the specified timings under quick manual and no luck.
    I tried to test each chip manually but could only successfully test 1 with XMP on before motherboard went to reboot loop and crashes while trying to post and could not replicate same settings after resetting bios/clearing cmos.
    Have tried a number Bios updates, F3H, F3, F4a and now F4c supplied by Gigabyte when approached about his problem. Their main comment is they cannot guarantee the memory will work with the motherboard and it not in the memory support list.

I am really wanting to get them running stable at 2133mhz as it is the reason I have chosen the kit
    Let me know what else to try.

I doing for ultra high resolution imaging, gigapixel image stitching with some image files over 16GB in size and a little HD video editing. One of my last stitching jobs took 16 hours to process and created a 25GB 16bit Photoshop PSB file so the performance would be helpful.

Reset the BIOS with the button/pins on the motherboard, then try one module at a time with XMP enabled to make sure all modules work fine individually.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X