F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL with ASRock 890GX Extreme4 Not Stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL with ASRock 890GX Extreme4 Not Stable

New build with ASRock GX890 Extreme4 and above memory. Periodic crashes. Ran MenTest 4.1 one full pass on 8GB, no errors. System crashes/locks up sometime shortly after boot, other time it?s good for about 3-10 days. Powered off each night. No desire to over clock, just looking for a stable system. Using Windows 7 x64. Motherboard BIOS defaults memory to 1.65V ? should this be more or less? Default memory timing, from SPD is 9 9 9 24 33 2T. CPU-Z pictures below. Please help. Does this memory need to be replaced? Should I follow the sticky in the forum to bring the settings up to 1600? Is this running at 1333 with the current settings? I can change BIOS settings, but I am not familiar with the inter action of the various settings, especially with regard to memory.

Advice on where to start would be appreciated.

I have several CPU-Z images, but not able to insert them here?

You have to upload images to a web based service like TinyPic.com
    Then insert the IMG code into your post here in the forum.
    You have DDR3-1333 memory, highly unlikely that you can overclock it to 1600MHz.
    Look at the sticker on your memory and make note of the timings and required voltage.
    Go into your bios and manually set the frequency to 1333MHz, timings, and voltage.
    Leave all other memory settings on Auto.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
    Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
    SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
    Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    Corsair HX850W Modular
    Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
    2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Test one module at a time to see if results differ. Do you have the latest BIOS? Make sure DRAM Voltage is 1.50V.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X