Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUS P6X58D Premium compatibility with F3-12800CL6T-6GBPI

Hello Everyone,

I'm building a PC for my first time and am getting really nervous about putting it all together. Even though my board should support it, I'm worried that the G.Skill memory I purchased will not be compatible with my ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard. This is mainly due to the fact that the F3-12800CL6T-6GBPI (my G.Skill RAM) is not on the approved vendor memory list. I bought two sets of this memory in order to get up to 12Gb with the lowest latency I can achieve, but I'm getting cold feet about whether everything will work well...

I guess I'm just hoping that someone can hold my hand and tell me it'll be alright.
    But seriously, this configuration should be possible and work well right? Would someone please help educate me a little more on setting up memory so I can ease my shaken nerves?

Sorry for the long wind-up to a fairly simple question.

The main issue will be whether the two kits are compatible with each other.

The settings are simple, just input frequency, timings, and voltage. Test both kits seperately first to make sure neither kit has issues, then put them together to test 12GB compatibility.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Since I'm still pretty new at building computers, I could use some help understanding how to test my memory. Would you mind giving me a few pointers?

Also, can two kits of memory of the same make and model really differ enough to cause incompatibility problems? Would it be a better idea for me to get 12Gb of memory in a single set instead?

Thanks for the quick response!
      Last edited by Jayvo17; 03-15-2011, 02:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to say thanks :-)

Comment

The key to basic memory testing is one at a time, or one kit at a time. One at a time is critical when you are having issues because when in dual or triple channel, the system can miss errors because of how the memory architecture works. This is how you can get inconsistent results.

As far as how to test, you can just run the computer, open a couple programs, etc. etc. Or you can run memory tests, stress tests, and such to see if it fails.

As far as two seperate kits, yes absolutely, dual and triple channel is very selective about this. Although many people are successful, there are those that are not. So like I tell everybody, it is a chance taken.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X