Suggestion for RAM Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for RAM Upgrade

Hello! I'm currently running 4GB of GSkill Ripjaw RAM and I wanted to upgrade to 8GB. I was having some issues with freezing/restarts and bluescreens, but I've sorted them out after referencing the stickied message (thanks!) and turning off my CPU voltage power management. I was wondering if the knowledgeable individuals who monitor this forum could weigh in on this.

I currently am running GSkill F3-12800CL8D-4GBRMs (2x2) clocked and stable @ 1600mhz using the method outlined in the sticky (FSB @ 240, with a CPU/NB Voltage offset of +0.1v). My mainboard is an ASUS M4A87TD Evo and my CPU is an AMD 965BE (not overclocked). Would it be possible, or feasible to purchase an additional set of the same RAM to bumb me up to 8GB while remaining at 1600mhz?

Recap/tl;dr
    Currently Running:
    AMD 965 BE @ 3.4ghz
    ASUS M4A87TD Evo
    GSkill RipJaws F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM (2x2) @ 1600mhz (using the method in the sticky)

Is it possible to upgrade to 8GB by buying an additional set of the same RAM without stressing the system while still clocking @ 1600mhz?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, if the two kits can work together, then it should be no problem. In other words, your CPU or motherboard will not be limited, it just depends whether the two kits are compatible.

Worst case scenario, you send them in for RMA and receive two new kits that should work together.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X