X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM + ASRock 870 Extreme3

Hello everyone...

EDIT:
    Mobo: ASRock 870 Extreme3 (BIOS version 1.60)
    CPU: AMD 955 BE
    RAM: GSkill Ripjaws F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM
    END EDIT

Was wondering if could be helped with a problem I am having. I'm trying to get my RAM into dual mode, but not being successful and not sure if it's a problem with the RAM or the motherboard.

First, I have been reading and know I need to change the timins and such. But I run into a problem. On the mobo, their blue slots (A1,B1) and white slots (A2,B2).

I put the RAM into A1,B1, no POST,no Video...only error codes:
    D1
    D3
    C7

I put the RAM into A2,B2, no POST, no Video...only error codes:
    D5
    D0

I put the RAM into A1,A2 (blue/white) I am able to successfully boot up with video.

I haven't tried changing the timings with one stick, then put in both sticks.

Also, I can NOT change the DRAM Voltage to 1.5v I can select the following voltages

My BIOS is the lastest, came that way with the board.

Can anyone assist me?

While waiting to get approval for this forum from the admins, I went to Tom's Hardware. Please visit the link to see some other troubleshooting I've tried that I didn't list above.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/28...n-dual-channel
    Last edited by TrickyNick; 03-02-2011, 11:19 PM. Reason: Forgot important info about my config

Sounds like motherboard or CPU is bad. I would suggest replacing the motherboard first.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

ASRock finally contacted me & said Its seems like a mainboard DIMM Slot issue to me, I suggest you contact the vendor for replacement. Sorry about the issue you are having So RMAing the mobo, hopefully it's not the CPU.

Thank you for confirming.

Comment

Working...
      X