Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Editing: Is Slower RAM Better?

Greetings,
    The F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO RAM have operated without problems for a month, and I am very pleased (again!) with Gskill products. I bought these for their low voltage, but according to Gigabyte's ET6, they set up at 1.536 volts. Can I lower the voltage and still accomplish what is asked in the nest paragraph? Would the voltage even matter? Is the ET6 voltage readout even correct?

The video editing framerates drop when this RAM is overclocked to 1600. If faster RAM is better for gaming and slower RAM is better for video editing, would I get better framerates by downclocking this RAM to 1066, 800? If so, what should the timings and voltage be set at? Also, please note that the RAM has set itself at 9-9-9-24 @ 1T.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Peaceonearth; 03-02-2011, 05:32 AM.

What motherboard do you have? Maybe it does not support 1.35V. The higher voltage is OK, but it is best to overclock so it is using the extra voltage rather than having to regulate it.

As far as frame rates dropping, make sure power saving features are disabled. Sometimes they can hinder performance under full load.

The memory at its maximum (rated) performance should perform best.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you.
      Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P.

Power saving features are disabled. I did two tests and both times the encoding framerates went down when I overclocked to 1600MHz. Curiously, voltage dropped automatically to 1.35v when overclocked to 1600. I did not OC in BIOS, I did it in the OS using ET6 (then rebooting, of course).

Well, I guess I will experiment myself in BIOS, and downclock to 1066 @ 1.35v @ 7-8-7-24 1T and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
      X