Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gskill flares are tall, what cpu can i use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gskill flares are tall, what cpu can i use?

I have just bought s pairs or kits of g.skill flares (2x2gigs) each pack making 4 ram sticks, of duel channel ddr3 1800 9-9-9-24. i am doing my first build and have my case and motherboard and ram so far, bect is cpu n cooler, i have a silverstone raven rv01 case and asus ROG crosshair iv formula motherboard. i plan on getting phenom2 x6 1100T. my problem is in the coolers section, i plan on using all 4 sticks of ram and do not want to take off the heatsinks. they are very tall and thats my problem, looks awesome but im reading alote of people have to get cpu coolers that they dont want but are limuted to what they can use while using one less fan something like that. i really like the cooler master v6 gt. but are looking at the corsair h50 or h70 as alternitives, but i want imput from experts and the public. what are my options while getting the best cooling possible. i plan on shigting over to liquid cooling when i can afford my dream set up, but for now the cpu needs ocing(overclocking) and good cooling.

thanks in advance.
    denver

Not many CPU coolers will clear the Flare series, and since the liquid coolers are much cheaper now, you may just want to go with one of them.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Consider the Corsair H50 or H70, they are usually better than most air CPU coolers anyways.
      AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
      Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
      ASUS Crosshair V Formula
      2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
      SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
      Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
      Corsair HX850W Modular
      Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
      2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

thanks, i think ill start out with the h70 corsair since noth much i can do for heat sinks, and im looking for the best before i go 100 percent water cooling.

thanks again.

Comment

tricky to work this out..

I went with the Xigmatek Aegir, one of the top coolers recommended by Frosty Tech - it did fit on my system, but I had to put the fan on the "pull" side.

Asus M4A89TD PRO/USB 3
          AMD 1090T
          Xigmatek Aegir
          Asus Matrix 5870
          8 gigs GSkill Flare - F3-16000CL8D-8GBFLS
          Corsair Force 120 - OS
          WD Raptor 80 Swap
          WD 1 TB green x 2
          Emu 1212m soundcard
          seasonic X-Series 760 Gold

Comment

Working...