X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ P I ] F3-12800CL7T2-12GBPI on ASUS P6T-SE momory not entierly recognized

Hey Guys!

my problem:

I bought the [ P I ] F3-12800CL7T2-12GBPI (2Gx6) - Kit, and am still trying to make it run on my Asus P6T-SE Mainboard (CPU: I7 920). First of all, it is not recognized as 1600mhz (but 1024).

That's not a big deal so far, manually adjusting the right Speed or aktivating XMP-Profile is no problem.

BUT: no matter how many Dimms i use, (Tryed 3-6 Dimms in all possible combinations on the MB), when i do a cold start, the wont be fully recognized (completly random values from 4000 to 10000 MB)

After reading every possible tread on this issue i tried some Bios-Konfigurations (Adjusting DRAM Bus Voltage from 1.50 to 1.64 V; Tried longer Latencys with DRAM Timing Control and played with lots of combinations of DRAM Voltage and QPI/DRAM Core Voltage) - nothing worked!

So i am asking now if anybody has expierences with the same or a similar System and can help me. All i want is a stable system with 12GB Ram for my studio-/Live- dektop!!

Some Additional information:

Bios is updatet to actuall version (908), OS is Win7 64bit, so these should not cause the problem.

Bios-Settings are actually back to auto (besides the activated XMP-intel-profile: 1600mhz , 7-8-7-24-N2 DDR-Timing; 1,60V DDR-Bus-Voltage)

Comment

after 3 succesful cold starts an an additional problem: Blue Screen in Windows!! THAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!! after i never had this problem with my old Ram (Tridents) i used for over one year, that might be connectet with my ram problem.

Comment

Memtest86+ was unsuccesful, too.. recognized 5 Dimms and showed several errors at Test#5

Does anyone know some tool to messure the actual DRAM-Voltage? maybe its the power supply..

Comment

1.50V or AUTO should be OK. Test three modules at a time, or one module at a time to see if one is defective causing a problem.

You can also try raising QPI/DRAM Core Voltage to see if that can help stabilize.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

As i testet every single dimm and run some succesful memtests (warmstart) i dont think that there's a problem with the dimms.

I tried higher QPI/DRAM Core Voltages, too (from 12000 to 14000) - still the same problem.

Today i'm gonna send back the mobo, for warranty-repair. lets see what happens...

Comment

Working...
            X