Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help with this Ram.. Tech pls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with this Ram.. Tech pls?

Hello everyone, to make things short and sweet this is my issue..

I bought an Asus Rampage III Extreme motherboard along with G.SKILL F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL RAM, (16GB). I have this setup with an Intel i7 980x. However, I cannot for the life of me get it to run at 1600MHz.. It's showing that's it's at 1333MHz in the BIOS..

Does anyone know how to properly change it so it can run at 1600MHz instead of 1333MHz? I also heard that the CPU I'm using, takes 3 sticks of RAM at a time to run at intended speed, but I'm not sure about that. I have 16GB (4 x 4GB), if that helps.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

In BIOS, look for DRAM Frequency, set this to DDR3-1600

Advanced Timing Configuration, set first four timings to 9-9-9-24.

Exit that page, back to the AI Tweaker page, scroll to the bottom and look for DRAM Voltage. Set this to 1.50V.

F10, save and exit, let me know how that works.

If you continue to have a problem, test one at a time to see if one may be defective causing a problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I tried just that and when I hit F10 to save and exit, the PC does a soft reset and it doesn't post or anything, then when I power cycle it, it said Overclocking failed, Press F1 to enter setup.. etc..

What could it be? I did everything you instructed.. so it can't be an error...

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Test one module at a time to determine whether there are defective modules.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Okay, I did as you said in the first post, with the Voltage, Timings, etc, now it boots up alright and all, but instead of recognizing the full 16GB of RAM it only recognizes 12.0 in the computer properties.. Any answer for this or is that normal? From what it appears, the 4th Module isn't being detected either, when it's obviously in..

I appreciate all the information that has been given to me,

Let me know if you can find why it's only detecting 12 instead of the full 16.

Thank you!

Comment

Did you test them individually to see if one may be bad? You can also try raising QPI/DRAM Core Voltage one notch above 1.10V (default) to see if that works better.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Here is a pic from Everest in case this does any good for you:

As you can see, it shows 4 Modules up top and only 3 on the bottom.. weird..

http://img339.imageshack.us/f/everest.png/

I will try the method you posted above and let you know how it works out..

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X