X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill flare f3, under Noctua NH D 14? help

Hi everybody
    I have that question:
    i have a Crosshair Formula IV and a 1090t; i got a 2*2 kit of G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH (2Gx2)) but with the CPU @ 4ghz I have to reduce the timings from CL7 to CL8 to improve stability,even at 1333 mhz (stock frequency)
    I can't overclock that kit as I red in some reviews,maybe because that ram kit is certified for Intel (and in the review it was tested on an Intel platform)
    so I've seen the Flare Kit, certified for AMD x6 phenom. what do you think about that? it's maybe the best ram kit for 890fx chipset?
    But there is a problem, I have a Noctua NH D 14! And i see that the Flare have a tall heatspreader, and that could give me problem with compatibility, infact on the noctua site the Flare kit it's signed as incompatible with the cooler

i want to know if someone here is "wearing" a Flare kit under a noctua NH D 14.
    the crosshair IV got ram slot discontinued (A-B-A-B); i can move up the fan, but it s important that they fits under the cooler.
    I hope i can make a thing like that
    in this pic there are G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBPI on Asrock M3A790GXH/128M
    there are 44mm under the heatspreader, how tall is the G.skill flare?
    it is possible to remove the heatspreader, without void warranty and without make damages?
    thanks and sorry for my english
    Last edited by liberato87; 02-17-2011, 02:09 AM.

G.Skill Flare is our tallest heat spreader. 56mm!

If you want to remove the heat spreader, first make sure the memory is 100% error free. If you choose to remove it, make sure to do it carefully without damaging anything. If you damage the memory, warranty will be absolutely void.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X