• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f3-14900-8gbxld 1866 will not run at advertised speed

Hi I purchased this ram to run on my new sandy bridge build

p8p67 sabertooth
    i5-2500k 3.3ghz

It Posts Properly but defaults to 1333, Iv the overclock utility and it will run and reboot properly to 1648, with cpu at 3450ghz. If I manualy set speed to 1866 and let the bios due a soft boot it stays 1866., but once I turn off the power the motherboard will not post until the memok resets it to 1333. Help

BOOM ! Another problem exactly the same as mine + a few other people in this forum. LOL ! Something is going on here.

AGAIN: Im with G.SKILL Pi Series 2133mhz 7-10-7-27 1.65v and it would only boot up properly when the memories are at 1333mhz. Im with Gigabyte P67-A-UD5.

Seems to be G.SKILL cause we got different motherboards or Intel ?

Comment

There is an issue with the Intel chipset that needs to be reworked (whoops). You should RMA the motherboard or ask the manufacturer to see what they plan to do.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH
      Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 02-02-2011, 12:12 PM.

Comment

ram speeds not as advertized

for everyone with memory default issues after cold reboot on asus p67 boards it is not a gskill problem. after many hours of forum crawling I finnally found the solution. As follows

1. reset cmos clock
        2. enter bios and set xmp profile 1
        3. reenter bios settings
        4. in apm set pcie to enable
        5. save and exit.

This to date has resolve my issues and memory is currently running at advertized speed of 1866.

Comment

Working...
        X