Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws Series 8GB Question

Ok so I bought the:

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ab=true&Page=2

And had some questions about it. I'm not to sure but on the package it says that it's compatibale with 1156 socket motherboards and I understand that it's a dual channel memory type but here is my question. I'm trying to get an EVGA x58 motherboard and they all say supported memory is tripple channel. Is it possible to manually tweak the settings in order for the memory to work? Also will I be able to just throw the memory in the motherboard and it will boot up(im even ok if it doesnt read all the memory and even if it isnt at 1600)?

Suggestions? I am willing to pick a diff mobo if anyone has personal experience just would like it to be EVGA but if you know an excellent x58 mobo that works with this memory that works to.

This memory will work fine, it will just be dual channel since there are only two modules.

After you plug them in, you need to set DRAM Frequency, timings, and voltage. Then you're ready to go.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X