Can't Enable XMP after BIOS flash to V1.4 on P55-GD85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Enable XMP after BIOS flash to V1.4 on P55-GD85

I am running a i7 860 Lynnfield processor with Windows 7 64 bit system on a MSI P55-GD85 motherboard and G.SKILL Trident 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory Model F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD. I recently upgraded the BIOS from V1.0 or V1.1 to V1.4. Previous to the BIOS flash, I had the XMP option in the BIOS enabled which allowed me an overclock to around 3.7GHz. After the BIOS flash which went just fine, I had to reset my BIOS settings because of course the BIOS flash reset them all. I enabled the XMP option as before but now, after the flash, the system crashes before reaching the login screen. It gives me a blue memory dump screen and reboots. If I turn off the XMP option it boots fine but does not utilize my RAM to it's full potential and allow my previous overclock.

I have a feeling there might be another setting in the BIOS that needs to be changed to allow this to work properly but if so, I can't find it. I've gone over and over the BIOS settings and can't find a solution. I may have to resort to reflashing back to a previous version of the BIOS but I'd rather not if I don't have to. If anyone has any ideas as to what the problem may be please let me know. I would appreciate any help or insight anyone is able to provide. Thanks.

Windows7 Home Premium 64, i7 860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz, Zalman 9700 LED cooler. MSI P55-GD85 Mobo, 2 x2GB G.Skill Trident DDR3 2000 (PC3 1600), 2 X Intel 25-M 80GB SSD RAID 0, WD 1TB Caviar Black, XFX Radeon 5850, Blu-Ray

Post pictures of the BIOS so we can see if a setting is incorrect and causing a problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X