Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Core i7 950 ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH (3*2go)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core i7 950 ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH (3*2go)

Hello,

I have a big problem with my cpu temperature (exeed 70?), when i'm in XMP mode,
    the cpu is in 143 - 22, Vcore auto
    and ram is up to 2000mhz, (dram timing 9-9-9-27, 3N) 1.60v, qpi auto
    i have a corsair watercooling H70, correctly assembled, ===> 2050 rpm.
    can you help me please, i'm a beginner and would like to know what is the correct voltage for all? cpu, dram, timing, etc to lower the temperature...
    See my hardware below
    =========================
    Intel Core i7 950
    Asus Rampage III Extreme
    F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH (3*2G)
    Ati Radeon HD 4870 X2
    Corsair H70 Watercooling

Try reinstalling the cooler, definitely should not be this high with a H70 cooler.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

No, it isn't the cooler, but, the temperature in full CPU charge (100%) is between 75?/85?, with ram at 2000 mhz (sorry for my average english),
      and when i put the bios in default, full CPU charge become in +/- 65?.
      Can you help me for the settings please.
      Thx!
      =========================
      Intel Core i7 950
      Asus Rampage III Extreme
      F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH (3*2G)
      Ati Radeon HD 4870 X2
      Corsair H70 Watercooling

Comment

Try manually setting the QPI/DRAM Voltage, this may be shooting too high causing CPU temp to go up.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

It's not the cooler nor QPI . Took these same cores as test cores and it's intel badly made HS affecting these setups.

The QPI 1.60v will be only option, if your uncore is 4000Mhz (RAM at 2000Mhz requires Uncore to be at x2). I suggest you take RAM down to 1800Mhz (as in somewhere between 3600-3700Mhz Uncore clocking it by BLCK manually) and add latencies and QPI to 1.35v with RAM voltage to regular advertised.

This will be near stable limits of the chipset and you can have CPU running around ~4Ghz on 1.16-1.2v (depending on patch). Temps would be around 95c actually on full stress, but performance would be near ideal. Of course keeping CPU at same as uncore you could do this with so low CPU voltage (setting it manually anyway) that CPU would run again on those 80-85-90dish temps.

-edit-

'exeed 70?'

^ on this comment I would say when it starts to say 110c then I'd be worried. even 100c would be fine with I7-950 with any decensy on clocking because of badly made HS with HT enabled (You can test it and you'll find out that if you do not utilize HT you'll get -25-30c in heat dispatchion. So, it's just intel Hyper-threading(multitheading CPUs) causing the heat to go near double).
          Last edited by genetix; 12-04-2010, 10:53 AM.
          "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
          http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Working...
          X