GA-MA790XT-UD4P+F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ Settings Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA790XT-UD4P+F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ Settings Advice

I'm getting here some random BSOD (during game play) and i'm thinking that could be the memory running at 1600 (9-9-9-24-2T). So, i want to reduce the clock to 1333 and adjust the timings for best performance. So, how should set the system?
    obs:In auto mode, the Mobo sets memory in 9-9-9-24-33-1T

8-8-8-24 for DDR3-1333.

If this has a problem, test each individually to see if one is causing a problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      8-8-8-24 for DDR3-1333.

If this has a problem, test each individually to see if one is causing a problem.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH
      Should i set command rate to 1T like auto settings did?

Comment

Worth raise the NB Voltage in 0,1V to increase stability to run the memory at rated speed (1600)?

Comment

If 1T is stable, then you can leave at that, but it depends on the CPU.

Yes, raising the CPU-NB Voltage (not NB Voltage) can increase stability for DDR3-1600.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            If 1T is stable, then you can leave at that, but it depends on the CPU.

Yes, raising the CPU-NB Voltage (not NB Voltage) can increase stability for DDR3-1600.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            So i decide to set the memory at 1333-8-8-8-24-1T. I've done some benchmarks (3DMark and Everest memory) and the performance is almost equal 1600-9-9-9-24-2T.
            Run OCCT for 2 hours without a problem. Now testing if BSOD will come back.
            Thanks for the help.

Comment

That is correct, stock AMD systems will not show much of a difference between DDR3-1333 CL8 and DDR3-1600 CL9, that's why I suggest most people to use DDR3-1333 CL8 since the low latency and less stress on the memory controller is better for the CPU and system in general.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X