F3-16000CL9D-8GBFL: not quite 2000MHz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9D-8GBFL: not quite 2000MHz

Just installed these Flares modules (2 x 4GB) in a new build with an ASUS Crosshair Formula M/B. However, I'm unable to hit DDR2000 trying several different BIOS settings.

The rig passed prime95 for 14 hrs perfectly at DDR3-1866 MHz 9-9-9-24-1T with all BIOS settings on <auto> except for using the [D.O.C.P] to configure DRAM freq/timings while setting DRAM voltage to 1.5500. However, when I up DOCP to DDR3-2000 MHz, several cores fail within seconds of starting prime95.

I've tried different combinations of NB voltages from auto (1.11v) to 1.2v and DRAM voltages up to 1.67v, which is where auto settings want to put it, but everything fails immediately.

Hardware is currently in a open test stand (stock CPU cooler) running prime95 @ DDR3-1866 with the following parameters as measured by PC Probe II:
    Vcore 1.26v
    CPU/NB 1.16v
    CPU VDDA 2.51v
    DRAM 1.56v
    HT 1.21v
    NB 1.12v
    SB 1.11v
    CPU 51 degC
    MB 32 degC
    NB 45 degC
    SB 41 degC

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Thanks... Brian

ASUS CFIV Formula
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
    Corsair H-50
    G.SKILL Flare Series (2 x 4GB)
    XFX HD-6870
    OCZ Agility 2 60GB
    WD Cavier Black 6.0GB 1TB
    CM Storm Scout
    Last edited by bwpotter; 11-04-2010, 09:03 AM.

Try raising CPU-NB Voltage.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately, no improvement.

I starting raising the offset by the minimum .003125v increments up to +0.15v (beginning of red zone). And although there were a few times it ran up to 50 seconds before failing prime95, when I tried repeating it at that particular voltage, it would fail within a couple seconds again.

Is there something else I should try?

**update: I extended the offsets by .125V increments up to .25v with no improvement.
      Last edited by bwpotter; 11-04-2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

What slots do you have them installed in? Try one module at a time. You should have no problems at all, the only thing you should need to adjust is CPU-NB Voltage.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

GSKILL TECH:

Originally, I installed them in the red slots (#1 & 2) because I thought I heard they were the preferred DDR slots for the Crosshair M/B. Well, when I switched them to the black slots, everything came together! Running perfect! Shish, I feel like such a goober head for not trying the simple things first!

Anyways, thank you for your prompt and intuitive responses. I'm now running both sticks at DDR3-2000 at 1.55v with everything else set at <Auto>. After verifying stability overnight with prime95, I upped the CPU multiplier to 14x this weekend and now got the 1055T running at 3.5 GHz with VCore at a low 1.25V and still passing prime95 without a glitch.

It's rock solid! Thanks again!

Brian

Comment

It happens to many.

Enjoy!

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

F3-16000cl9d-8gbfl

Do you know when this Rams F3-16000CL9D-8GBFL going be in stock ?

Comment

Probably not anymore, but we should have a new AMD series shortly.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X