16GB RAM in an ASUS P7P55D-E / i7-870 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16GB RAM in an ASUS P7P55D-E / i7-870 build

I am seeking advice. I want to stuff 16GB of RAM into a system around the ASUS P7P55D-E and an i7-870. I looked at ASUS' QVL and Motherboard documents to try to determine what memory I can use. I noticed that some memory modules were only approved/supported in one (1) or two (2) modules at one time. Other memory modules have been tested and approved with four (4) modules at one time.
    I am considering (4) 4GB DIMMs and I want to know what 4GB DIMMs you have certified or can recommend for the ASUS P7P55D-E.

I am contacting you because ASUS told me that they only certify some configurations and they advised me that I need to reach out to you to determine what memory modules I can use in a 4x4GB configuration within the ASUS P7P55D-E.

I want to decide on one of these two kits so that I can operate with 16GB.
    Which would you recommend and why?
    Will it be stable in my chosen motherboard, or do you have a better recommendation?

I am not set on the P7P55D-E. Please let me know if there is something better or more appropriate. It does seem to have the features I want at a great price point. I am not all that interested in overclocking. I plan on running one video card. I play games, do IT work, my wife is a photographer. This will be a shared, multi-purpose pc for both of us and I want it to be stable and I need it to perform.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
    http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=233

or the
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=239

I am looking forward to your recommendation.

Emailed you.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Could you please forward that response to me? I'm in the same situation (P7P55D-E with an i7-860) and want to upgrade to 16GB.

Thanks in advance

Comment

You'll want to exchange for the G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT

Comment

Working...
        X