F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM on ASUS CrossFire IV Formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM on ASUS CrossFire IV Formula

I have GSkill Ripjaw F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM which is installed on a Asus Crossfire IV Formula
    and i know the ram is made for i5 and i7 but can be used on AMD which i am running a Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition not sure if that matters or not but im looking for the best timings to run and hoping some GSkill Techs can help me with.

Currently running in 9-9-9-24 1.65v

Thanks in Advance

G.Skill has them spec'd at 7-8-7-24 2T @ 1.60v so that's your starting point
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

i know those are the starting timmings but its for i5 & i7 but i do thank you for your response but im lookin for specific timings from gskill tech for this board specificly

Comment

Originally posted by wevsspot View Post
        G.Skill has them spec'd at 7-8-7-24 2T @ 1.60v so that's your starting point
        see u can tell me starting point but i dont know where to go if i were to randomly set the timings i dont wanna mess this board or ram up

Comment

Simple enough.

You have them running stable at 9-9-9-24 (and by stable I mean that they pass memtest and occt) right?

If thats a true statement then leave everything else the same and change the timings to 8-8-8-24 and retest. If they pass there then you can try the G.Skill spec'd timings.

You're not going to break anything. Either it will boot and allow you to test or it wont boot.

If it doesn't boot the Asus BIOS recovery should kick in and put everything back to default settings. If not, just manually clear the CMOS and start over.

No one (not even a G.Skill Tech Expert) is going to be able to tell you exactly what the best or achievable timings are going to be, because it completely depends on the other components of your system - namely motherboard, bios programming and cpu.
          MSI Big Bang xPower x58
          Intel i7 950
          GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
          Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
          OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
          WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
          WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
          Corsair TX950W
          Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

DDR3-1600
            8-8-8-24
            DRAM Voltage 1.60V
            CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V (1.20V)

should be the best configuration for your hardware.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

thanks gskill tech and thank you wevsspot for ur time u took to reply your advice was helpfull
              Last edited by deadlygamer; 11-08-2010, 08:27 AM. Reason: mispell

Comment

is this the memory speed i should be getting?

It says im only getting a little over 710mhz shouldnt that be like 1600mhz

Comment

You are using the x6.66 memory multiplier. 213 x 6.66 = DDR3-1424 (712.4MHz).

You want to swtich to the 1:4 x8.00 memory multiplier. This will give you ~DDR3-1704 (~852MHz)

The memory should have no problem, as long as there is enough memory voltage.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Would this be a bios setting or something and if so in the bios what setting would. Change. I'm new to this stuff and appreciate all the help

Comment

Yes, if you Ai Overclock Tuner is set to manual, you should see DRAM Frequency. Set this to DDR3-1704 or whatever it comes up as. The next option up. See if that is stable, if not, make sure DRAM Voltage is 1.65V.

Take a look in the BIOS with the motherboard user's manual. That should give you a better idea of how to navigate and adjust what you need.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X