second AM3 build random BSODs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second AM3 build random BSODs

First time poster, new to the forums ...
    I built a system for a friend using an ASUS M4A88TD-M motherboard & a F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL memory kit which at the time wasn't on Asus' QVL. I had such success (despite reading problem after problem on other forums about AMDs' AM3 & DDR3 memory issues) that I used the same ram on my build. Once again an Asus board (M4A89GTD PRO), same memory kit (F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL now on the QVL ). I used the same bios settings that I used for the first system, bumped up the voltages & frequencies for the Ram & Northbridge. i managed to load Windows 7 after a few reboots. Every time i try to load a new driver or program it takes several attempts after several Blue Screens, rebooting ectt. So I'm thinking this is crazy so I call my friend; arrange to swap Ram. Impatient I know, skip the overnight memtest other tests ectt . After swapping out the ram, reboot my friends system , Windows7 loads, open a program & Blue screen, reboot & within 90 seconds of Windows loading it crashes again.

You and your friend both running the same CPU?

If so, then I think that's a fair trouble shooting process and I would RMA the RAM since it doesn't work in his system or yours using the exact same board and same BIOS settings.

Does his RAM work on your rig?
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

What CPU is used? Did you raise CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V?

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

The working system ASUS M4A88TD-M + AMD Phenom 555 Dual Core
        CPU/NB Voltage 1.30 ( +0.1V )
        Dram voltage 1.60v
        NB voltage 1.30v (+0.1v )
        NB 1.8 voltage (+0.1v )
        NB Frequency 2400Mhz
        Running great with ram settings @specified settings of ..
        9,9,9,24 1T DDR3 @ 1600Mhz

the second kit however will not work on this system nor will it work with the above mentioned BIOS settings with an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO + AMD Phenom 560 Dual Core processor, this system even Blue Screens with the Ram frequency @ 1333Mhz with 2T timings

Comment

Send it in for a new kit to see if that fixes the problem.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

my Vendor replaced the kit, I just received the replacement, will tinker with it over the weekend, hopefully both sticks are OK,
            Thanks Gskill.
            Just out of curiosity, how does your RMA from a Canadian consumer work, do they have to be shipped back to the US (involving customs decelerations & duties) or is there a Canadian address (site) that the product can be shipped to ?

Comment

Yes, Canada customers will send to our US office. The US office takes care of North America.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X