Correct BIOS settings for F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct BIOS settings for F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH

I have currently obtained a new PC components, including F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD6 and Core i7-875K. I want the memory to run at it's specified 2000Mhz.

You can enable XMP, then find the precise QPI/VTT Voltage necessary to be stable.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Enabling XMP profile set memory frequency to 2000 but system is not stable. I haven't changed anything in BIOS, all was set to Auto. I have looked at my BIOS settings and QPI/VTT voltage is 1.2v. I am noob at tweaking BIOS settings and please give me an advice how much I need to increase QPI/VTT voltage? Is there any danger of damaging PC components?

Best regards, 2000.

Comment

Try 1.40V.

There is danger, but we're not quite there yet unless you set something incorrectly.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have tried 1.4v then I booted Windows and ran IntelBurn Test. It failed after several minutes. What next? I have searched and found out that some people are increasing CPU Core voltage too to get system stable.

Comment

You need to find the precise voltage. I can only give you guesstimate numbers since it differs from each CPU.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well, I tried the folowing manual settings: XMP disabled, BCLK set to 167, CPU Multiplier set to 20, Memory multiplier was set to 12, Vcore voltage set to 1.275v, QPI/VTT voltage - 1.5v, DRAM Voltage - 1.66v, timings were set manually too - 9-9-9-28-2T, tRC set to 47 and tRFC set to 88. Still no luck.
              Yet I have set the highest possible voltages that I considered to be safe.

Comment

May be too high, more voltage does not mean more stability. It is the opposite. Maybe try DDR3-1800, see what voltage it needs, then work your way up to DDR3-2000. Guessing voltages can be real tedious.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have tried running memory 1600 mhz with 8-8-8-24 timings and CPU 3.0 Ghz with QPI/VTT voltage 1.3v and it worked fine under IntelBurn Test. I will give a try with 1800 mhz later.

Comment

My PC just passed IntelBurn Test! The test was run 5 times at the maximum stress level. I will run another stress tester overnight.
                    Here are settings:
                    XMP disabled
                    BCLK - 167
                    Memory multiplier - 12
                    CPU multiplier - 20
                    CPU Vcore voltage - Auto
                    QPI/VTT voltage 1.34v
                    DRAM voltage - 1.64v (I didn't find 1.65v option in BIOS)
                    Timings were manually set - 9-9-9-27-1T

Any suggestions? Are these fine settings?
                    Last edited by 2000; 10-14-2010, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Yes! See what I mean? As long as you spend the time to find the proper voltage, once you find it your system will be completely stable. So now if you overclock, you know what the QPI wants at DDR3-2200+ The idea is to at least find a base, then you can scale your way up.

Enjoy!

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Today I have just again checked my system running DDR3-2000 under severe stability test and it failed.
                        The highest fully stable RAM frequency I was able to reach was DDR3-1900 with timings manually set 9-9-9-24-1T. BCLK 160, QPI/VTT voltage 1.3v and DRAM voltage 1.64v.
                        I have stressed the system Under IntelBurn Test several times and it seems fine.
                        Any suggestions how to reach fully stable DDR3-2000?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? You should be able to increase QPI/VTT Voltage slightly to stabilize DDR3-2000+.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have the latest BIOS available. I have tried 1.4v but no stability success. I have tried 1.5v and the PC didn't boot.

Comment

Have you tried anything in between? Too much or too low voltage can both cause problems, you really need to fine tune for stability.

Have you memtest or test each stick individually to insure they are error free?

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X