gskill f3-10666cl9d-8gbrl question!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gskill f3-10666cl9d-8gbrl question!?

Hello.. I recently bought an Asus Sabertooth x58 motherboard and a i7-950 cpu
    I found your memory g.skill ripjaws Fe-10666CL9D of the 8gb variety on a website
    I thought it would be okay? then when It came I saw it say on the front of the packet.. designed for intel lga 1156.. well my 950 is a 1366 and thats the same for the motherboard so can I still use this ?

Also I dont know if this version of memory is on asus or g.skill QVL list for that sabertooth motherboard?

They say that it's designed for the Intel 1156 socket because that motherboard platform is dual channel only.

Socket 1366 motherboards are triple channel capable, so ideally you would want to populate 3 or 6 dimm slots (although you could populate 4 dimm slots and still have triple channel operation). Refer to your motherboard user manual and it explains the correct way to populate the slots depending on the number of memory modules you'll be installing.

If I were you I'd go with a 3x2Gb or 3x4Gb kit instead.

Regards,
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Well I already bought it lol..

I dont know if I wanna send it back.. I was just curious if it would work okay because I didnt see it on the official asus list..

Comment

It'll be OK, just dual channel only. The motherboard can support triple channel.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

If I wanted to attain triple memory capability I'd have to add another memory stick of 4gb right? could anyone link me to a Gskill brand that would be compatible?

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...0666cl9s-4gbrl

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

thank you very much.. i'll keep the dual channel setup for now, and if in the future there is a significant need/performance increase i'll grab another pair..

thanks for the help guys

Comment

Working...
              X