"Cold boot ram issue" with CL7 4gb ECO and GA-H55m-USB3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Cold boot ram issue" with CL7 4gb ECO and GA-H55m-USB3

Hi, im new to the forums and new to GSkill but for what I?ve seen in the web, this is a leader company concerned about consumer issues and that is something else.

Ok, about my issue, keeping 30min my PC turned off is all it takes to become unstable: W7 wont boot, will restart, BSOD, etc, until I enter BIOS, go to MIT, memory freq menu and change "something" like performance enhance from one option to another, save, restart and that?s it, my PC will behave like pro, run benchmarks, play games, multitasking, etc.

I?ve done some research and there is an issue named "cold boot ram" and it?s like RAM modules needs to be WARM in order to work properly, vey funny, unfortunately there is very scarce information about this issue.

So I?ve done the following tests to probe it:

Booting MEMTEST with warm modules, most likely restarting pc, 5 loops, 0 errors at these frequencies 1600 @ 7-8-7-24 and 1800 @ 8-8-8-24.

Turned PC off 30 min

Cold booted PC, cold modules, 1 loop, 35000+errors at only 49% percent.

I really don?t know what could be the issue, should I RMA my modules or is there something I can do to fix this.

Some specs:

Core i3 530 @ 3.5 Ghz
    G.SKILL ECO Series 4GB Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO
    GA-H55M-USB3 mobo
    PSU Corsair HX650W

Thank you all.

Please send the memory in for replacements, the new kit should work much better.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X