Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what memory module is best for my AMD system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what memory module is best for my AMD system?

here is my system specs:

processor, AMD Athlon II x4 640
    mobo, MSI 880GMA-E45
    cpu cooler, Ice Blade Pro
    casing, Antec 300

planning to overclock in the future.

Another question: will the Trident fit with my mobo and cpu cooler if ever I will get the Trident?

thanks!

I think your CPU cooler might block one or two memory slots. So if you want to upgrade to 8GB with 4 sticks in the future, you might be in trouble. Any kit of the Ripjaws, Trident series will do fine. You might want to avoid the ECO series since their low voltage requirement doesn't fit well for AMD.

Comment

follow-up

thanks for the reply sir!

so if I will not upgrade to 8GB, the IBP + trident on the AMD MSI mobo will probably fit right? and the ram will still run in dual channel mode (by installing the 2x2gb ram modules on the blue sockets)?

Comment

Yes, if you have problems, you can always post here. We'll try to help. Although anything above DDR3-1800 might be problematic with your CPU.

Comment

Won't I run into boot problems if I put the memory modules in sockets 3 and 4, skipping sockets 1 and 2?

thanks

Comment

Nope, it is not a queue where if you don't fill slot 1, slot 2 won't work. They work independently of each other.

Comment

thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
              X