Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will g.skill flare ram work on amd buldozer cpu and motherboard

It is probably to soon to ask this question,
    but I bought 2 x 4GB DDR3-2000MHz FLARE RAM like a week ago and I am so excited about the BULLDOZER CPU's that?s going to get launched in a few months but now I have to start and get my budget right. Coz I will have to buy new Motherboard and CPU, will my RAM still function 100%?? I know mu GPU etc will work just fine.

What do you guys think??
    (The only reason I ask is because the Flare said Specifically designed for AMD X6 CPU's)

Thanks Guys

I'm in the same boat as you. I have the same kit and I think that it should run fine with Bulldozer. However, its not coming until the second half of next year. I also believe that buying high speed memory will benefit Bulldozer since it will natively support higher speeds and require alot of memory bandwidth to feed all the cores.

Comment

Amd rules

Okey Great dude thanx!
      I thought that buldozer is comming out end of Q4 2010. But if it is onley 2011 then there is still plenty of time. Man I love AMD, if they can just save me and Launch the Radeon 6000 series that will be awsum. I WANT ONE. hehe. Im gona ask a SSD question (just becauce you are in the same noat as me) I want to buy an SSD for my system but its down to Crucial C300 128GB VS G.SKILL PHOENIX PRO 120GB AND OCZ REVODRIVE 120GB but it seems that the revo is to much money for to little performance boost ofer the C300, but the PHOENIX is 27% cheaper than the CRUCIAL again where I life so for which one should i go for?? The Crucial is better performance though, but is it worth paying 27% more??

Thanx

Comment

The crucial is based on then Marvell controller and as far as I can see from the reviews, it boast better Read performance but the Phoenix Pro based on Sandforce has better overall write. Also, I think that Sandforce drives have better life since there garbage collection isn't so intense. I read this in the OCZ Vertex 2 forums.

Whichever you pick, you won't be disappointed. I have the 60GB Phoenix Pro, and I love it. You have to set your drive to AHCI mode in the BIOS make sure if you install an OS on it to disable page file on the SSD, this will increase its lifespan. And also, don't burn it with a billion benchmarks . Run one just to see if everything is working well.
        Last edited by mrcmtl; 09-27-2010, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Gskill phoenix vs crucial c300

Thanks a million!
          If you think that I won?t really see any difference in real life between the GSKILL Phoenix and the CRUCIAL C300 then I am absolutely going to buy the Phoenix.

Just one last Question:
          Is there any difference between the Phoenix and Phoenix PRO performance etc wise?? ?

Comment

Yes, but will you see it with the naked eye? Probably not. But the Phoenix Pro uses a newer controller and you should definitely pick it up over the original Phoenix.

Comment

Phoenix Pro has a higher IOPS rating. That's pretty much the main/biggest difference between Pro and not.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X