F3-12800CL7D-4GBHZ and Asus P5P43TD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBHZ and Asus P5P43TD

I have F3-12800CL7D-4GBHZ and I need to replace my broken motherboard. I was thinking about buying Asus P5P43TD. Is F3-12800CL7D-4GBHZ compatible with that motherboard? I was not able find any compatibility information at the g.skill web site. if that is not a good motherboard compatibility wise, can you recommend any DDR3/socket 775 motherboard that the memory modules would be compatible with?

That's a match made in heaven

You'll need to tweak the BIOS a bit to get the RAM to DDR3 1600 speeds, but otherwise you'll be golden.
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Another question related to this. If I bought that P5P43TD and used my 2 old sticks of F3-12800CL7D-4GBHZ, would I be able to add more ram later? I think that same kind of ram as my old ones are not sold anymore, so I was wondering if new ones need to be exactly the same for it to work?

Comment

You can mix and match memory as long as you pay special attention to the speed, timings and voltages. For the best results all of your memory modules should have the same design specifications.
        MSI Big Bang xPower x58
        Intel i7 950
        GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
        Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
        OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
        WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
        WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
        Corsair TX950W
        Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Belarion,

You would need to get a new kit. It is possible for us to give you credit for the kit you have, so when the time comes, we can see what would be best for you.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X