Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of questions on volts and settings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions on volts and settings...

Hello Folks,

I would appreciate it if you'd look over my shoulder here and make sure these settings are fine...

My memory is: F3-10666CL8D-4GBECO

First though, I wanted to mention...I have about a dozen set of stix from G. Skill and each pair have performed flawlessly for me over the last 5 years. I wanted to thank you...

Now, onto my questions...

I have two very specific questions.

1) One of my motherboards that I planned on using this memory in, doesn't seem to support the XMP, nor can I adjust the voltage from 1.5v. The memory and the pc in general is very stable. I've run memtest for 24 hours without fault. The motherboard is an Intel DH55TC with a core i3-530.

The question is...is it safe to run this memory at 1.5v?

2) After playing around with it, I found it also runs very stable in Cas7...and the pc feels a bit more responsive. Is this safe?

Here are some screenshots of my pc with CPU-Z for your perusal. Tell me if I'm ok here, or if I need to adjust some settings? I also ran memtest overnight with Cas7...no errors, but I don't want to do any long term damage to my memory.

Thank you for your time and a great product.

Liquid Cool
    Last edited by Liquid Cool; 09-23-2010, 01:01 AM.

Looks just fine. This is the benefit of low voltage memory, if you set it to "standard" 1.50V, it can perform even better than rated. ;-)

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

GSKILL Tech...

Thank you for the reply. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't damaging the memory.... Definitely works great.

Last night after I posted, I read through the forum and I saw different settings in Cas7, like 7-8-7-24, 7-7-7-19, etc...

Should I just leave it at 7-7-7-21?

Thanks,

Liquid Cool

Comment

You can just leave it, or you can download a benchmark program to see what is really fastest. Maybe you can lower timings or raise frequency a little for more performance. This is the fun of tweaking memory. =)

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X