• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, ASUS M4A88T-M/USB3

Hi,

I'm about to start a rebuild. Here's the CPU and MOBO I want to use:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

ASUS M4A88T-M/USB3

The following RAM is one of those recommended by ASUS with this MOBO. (I'd actually rather have 4GB DIMMs if you could recommend one).

F3-10666CL9D-4GBPK

Those RAM DIMMs come in pairs (2GB each), and I'd like to use four total (providing I don't use some other 4GB DIMMS). I read here something about AMD Phenom having problems with more than one RAM DIMM on a channel.

The AMD Phenom II X6 1090T has the following timing specs: "Dual Channel PC3-10667U (DDR3-1333) for 2 Module, Dual Channel PC3-8500U (DDR3-1066), Dual Channel PC2-8500U (DDR2-1066)."

Any help with pairing some good RAM with this CPU/MOBO combination along with suggestions for setting clock speeds would be much appreciated.

The QVL doesn't always show every kit that the motherboard is compatible with. I've never looked at the QVL when I buy memory for a PC, although it never hurts to get something that is qualified.

Since you want to have 4GB DIMMs, I'd recommend this kit:
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16820231311

They are a really nice deal and the compatibility from the feedbacks seems top notch.

Comment

+1 Those are the plug and play kits. If you want a little more performance, and feel comfortable in the BIOS, you can get the DDR3-1600 version.

F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Those both look good. This particular CPU/MOBO combo are supposed to be great for overclocking, so I'm guessing the 1600 DIMMs would be a better choice if I'm going to take advantage of the OC capabilities I have. Actually though, the MOBO information says the following: "Memory Standard - DDR3 1866(O.C.)/1333/1066", so it appears to me (I don't know a lot about this) that the manufacturer is recommending a 1866 DIMM if I'm going to OC. Is that correct?

Comment

No, they mean DDR3-1866 will require CPU overclocking.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Oh... that makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X