Clear All

• Gigabyte Mobo & GSkill F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM & Win7 x64

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Rev1.0
    Intel Core i7 920 @2.6 GHz
    GSkill F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM
    Powercolor ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB
    OCZ Stealth-x-treme 700W PSU
    3 Samsung, Seagate SATAII HDDs

To begin with, I'm having almost the same problems as scl1934 suffered here.

First, it was mobo resetting itself right after the POST screen (following the RAM installation). With Bios version F12h for Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3r Rev1.0, setting anything above 1066 MHz was ending up with either unmatched RAM amount or a certain reset at the point I've just told about.

Then after being able to install Windows 7 Ultimate x64 in 3 trials, as soon as I got to the internet, I downloaded the latest (Beta) Bios from Gigabyte which was F12i. That seemed to have solved the problems that prevented me from running the memory modules at 1600 MHz, and I unkknowingly thought that "all my troubles were far away" now.

No, hell it wasn't.

First I got a BSOD while I was installing .NET Framework 4. I can't make sure since I've seen a couple of them but it may be Memory_control_management error.

Then, while updating and installing other essential stuff on the OS, I got 5 more BSODs the last ones of which were all BAD_POOL_HEADERs.

Some demo file for Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Installshield) that I was able to install and play flawlessly the day before I made a RAM and, forcefully, OS upgrade (on Win7 32bit with 2x1GB Corsair RAMs), was refusing to install giving some certain temp location bla bla error with the code 1152 -which, after a hunt down through the internet- was persistent in "some" systems if unsolved through specific procedures.

I figured out that the whole OS was in turmoil having witnessed that another InstallShield installation was unable to complete succesfully. So I ended up with the decision of installing a fresh OS for the nth time, hoping that the RAMS were more "acclimated" with the system as some other computer geek advised me so on waiting for it.

Anyway, now that I use the exact manual configurations suggested by GSKILL TECH here, I hoped that I could install my new Win7 Ultimate x64 without encountering any problems, yet I was unfortunate to hope so.

Now, I get "Windows can not install required files. the file may be corrupt or missing" persistently. Another fellow here scl1934 who had almost identical problems as mine here had suggested that such issue does not have to be related to corrupt install files. I can also confirm this because I borrowed a friend's Win7 Ultime after the first error just to see if mine was defective. No, both got screwed through the same error.

I really don't know what to do now. Almost 48 hours now, I have been only on PC just to overcome this to no avail.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry for having posted the same message under scl1934's thread, I have intended to open up a new thread from the start.

Problem nailed in the head:

Despite these are 1600 MHz capable RAMs, for some reason I have no idea of, the PC/mobo/OS refuses to keep it stable and/or error-free on that frequency.

I simply downgraded it to 1066 and I've installed Win7 x64 without any hassles now. I've seen the desktop without a single error.

So, should I return this RAM kit or do you think is there anything to do ?

Comment

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showpost....6&postcount=58

Comment

Enable the Extreme Memory Profile. If all three installed doesn't work, break it down individually and see if one is defective causing the problem. This kit should have no problems with your hardware.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Raising QPI/VTT Core Voltage may help stabilize.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

THanks for the response but I have decided to return the product.

After getting so many advices on what to adjust, the latest MemTest+ gave 2880000 errors or so last night.

I'm using the latest available (beta) BIOS for Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3r Rev 1.0 which is F12i.

No matter what I have done the motherboard and the RAMs didn't manage to get along. So this is being my only experience with a G.Skill Ram.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X