EVGA P55 MB and Gskill bios settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVGA P55 MB and Gskill bios settings

My first post, bear with me. I'm an old fart too, 68. I know I'll run on and I know you guys are busy.I'm sorry. Anyhow, I built this computer using an EVGA p55 Classified 200 mb, basically for 2 preteen grandsons who live with us. I used Gskill F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH, 2x2gb sticks. I didn't make any mb adjustments, no OC, no bios update, nor any adjustments other than clock, date, etc. When I can use it, I think the thing runs pretty good. The boys say otherwise: they say there is a lag in gaming. They say when playing MW2, when they start the game, any episode or multiplayer, there are fits and starts in movements when the game begins, I've seen it. It gets smoother as the game continues, but there are infrequent slowdowns even when they played for 30 minutes.

Called EVGA maker of the GT470 graphics card and I ran and passed their card stress test along with the updates. Still lagging. They say it could be the memory. They said timing and voltage adjustments have to be made to any gaming memory to make it work right. Didn't know that. Going to any effort to appease the two princes, what are the recommended timings and voltage for these sticks. The mb says their at 9-9-9-24 and Dimm voltage is 1.50. Any advice and recommendations truly appreciated from this forum. Thanks for listening.

I7 860
    Velociraptor 600mb
    Windows 7 home premium
    EVGA P55
    EVGA GT 470 card
    Asus 26 monitor.

Enable XMP in BIOS, or manually set the memory.

The settings are listed on the memory or packaging, DDR3-1600 tCL 7 - tRCD 8 - tRP 7 - tRAS 24, 1.60V. Once that is complete, the memory should be set correctly.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X