Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-16000CL8T-12GBTDD Timings for EVGA SR-2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL8T-12GBTDD Timings for EVGA SR-2?

I am running 2 sets of this memory on an EVGA SR-2 with two X5680 cpus and having some issues.

I cannot get the ram to run at advertised speed / timings. The best I can do is run them at ~1700Mhz 8-9-8-24-2T.

See below for the BIOS config setup. I am running them (not at the 11's listed) but the specified 8-9-8-24-88-2T timings and cannot pass any memtests > 1700Mhz. If i try I fail almost instantly.

Please advise the correct full timings per screen shot for the page.

Bump for some love from G.SKILL_TECH

Comment

Did you increase memory controller voltage? Anything above DDR3-1600 requires manual voltage setting.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Set it to

2T

Bootstrap 1333
        Uncore 20X

VDIMM0: 1.65
        VDIMM1: 1.65
        PLL:1.8
        IOH:1.35
        ICH:1.35
        VTT: 1.4
        VCore: 1.375
        CPU Multi: 25 (Currently)
        BCLK: 166 (Currently)

But when I up the BCLK to 200 & the Multi down to 22 or 23 I fail Prime95 BLEND on memory but pass Small FFT for CPU

Comment

Keep tweaking the CPU VTT Voltage, it needs to be precise. Or if it shows actual value, try DDR3-1600 with AUTO setting to see what it detects at, then you can use that as your base point.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thats is what I did to get the correct timings. I dropped to DDR3-1600 and used those timings for ~2000Mhz. But it still crashes on attempt to stress the RAM in Prime95 Blend . Ive upped the VTT to 1.425 and I dont think its safe going past that on a 32nm $1700/a piece processors.

Comment

Have you tested each module by itself to insure they are error-free?

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ive tested each kit independently on a Rampage 3 Extreme using MEMTEST86+ and they showed no errors.

Comment

What CPU VTT does it require at DDR3-1600? Use that as a base point and work your way up. If you are uncomfortable with a high voltage, you can reduce timings and operate at a lower frequency for near same performance.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

It requires 1.4V VTT in order to operate at 1654 with 2:8 ratio and 8-9-8-24-88-2T timings to be stable. Anything faster results in memory errors.

Could You PLEASE provide a template to match the BIOS photo above of what the correct timings should be at 1600 , and also 2000 C8 ?

Also What VTT do you suggest?

Comment

The photo doesn't work.

Timings should be fine at 7-8-7-24 DDR3-1600, DDR3-2000 timings are 8-9-8-24.

You simply need to go up on VTT if it is requiring 1.40V to be stable at DDR3-1600. You should have aftermarket CPU coolers to keep temperatures down.

Fix the screen shot and I can see if anything is set incorrectly.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X