X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO and MSI H55-G43 Motherboard

EDIT: Wrong part number!
    F3-10666CL8D-4GBECO
    This is the memory I have purchased/attempted to install.

This memory is listed on the QVL for my motherboard, however when I put it in the system and try to set the voltage to 1.35, I get nothing but errors. Corrupted file copies, blue screens, hard system locks, failed memory tests. Switching out to some spare Corsair memory I have resolves the issue immediately. When I put the voltage to 1.35, the bios also highlights the value in red, which is supposed to indicate dangerous levels...

This is the QVL for my board:
    http://www.msi.com/uploads/test_report/TR10_2019.pdf

I also see that F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ is listed as good memory for this system. Since this runs at 1.5v should I have better luck with this? Do you have this board anywhere that these things can be tested? I am trying to remain as lean as possible on needed voltage to keep the system cool (every little bit helps), as it will be on 24/7.
    Last edited by z28power; 09-13-2010, 02:53 PM. Reason: Wrong part number

1.35V should not be dangerous.. that is the minimum..

The H55 chipset does not fully support 1.35V, so that may be the problem. The 1.50V kit would probably be better.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for the prompt feedback. I have returned and will be replacing this memory with the 1.5v memory I mentioned earlier. I will report back here with compatibility/success!

Comment

Working...
      X