Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with F3-8500CL7D-2GBNQ

Memory: 2GB Kit - F3-8500CL7D-2GBNQ
    Motherboard: MSI 870-G45 (770 chipset despite model name)
    CPU: AMD X4 630

Having extreme difficulties getting both sticks of this 2GB kit to work with the above board and CPU. I have tried manually adjusting the timings and voltages without success.

Frequent BSOD's with both sticks installed. Also unable to install a new OS with both stick installed. However, everything is extremely stable with only one stick installed.

Any suggestions? Many thanks.
    Last edited by Tobit; 09-12-2010, 07:13 AM.

I should add that my problem is not dependent on any particular OS. My OS install problems with two sticks are:

Linux: Kernel Panic during formatting of partitions
    Win7 or XP: BSOD and/or random file corruption errors during initial file copying/extraction

I remove one stick and I can install any OS without issue. If I plug in the second stick after the OS is installed, the system BSODs with varying messages.

Comment

Looks like I've narrowed the problem down to a bad module. Further testing indicates system is only stable with only one particular module. The other module, even when run alone, gives me numerous BSODs with Win7. I'll have to run memtest on the suspect module for awhile and will likely have to contact support it seems.

Comment

Please send it in for new replacements.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks. Do I need to send the entire set back or can I just send the one bad module back?

Comment

We recommend the entire kit because the memory is a matched kit, but if you really need the memory to keep the computer going, then you can simply send the defective modules.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X