• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD with F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

Hi everyone,

First things first, here is my config:

Code:
    CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 620 Quad Core Processor Socket AM3 2.6GHZ 2MB Cache 95W Retail Box
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H AMD785G ATX AM3 2PCI-E DDR3 Video Sound GLAN CrossFireX HDMI Motherboard
    Mem: G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ PC3-12800 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit
    HDD: Maxtor 6Y080P0 [Hard drive] (81.96 GB) / ST3250624AS ATA Device [Hard drive] (250.06 GB)
    Video: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Vapor-X 860MHZ 1GB 1.2GHZ GDDR5 PCI-E 2XDVI HDMI DisplayPort Lite Video Card
    Sound: High Definition Audio Device
    Power Supply: Cooler Master RS-500-PCAR-A3
    I've been having an issue for quite some time without finding a solution (and worse, without RMA-ing what I suspected to be faulty): in the morning when I try to boot my PC, it boots under windows 7 x64 and 10 mn later after windows is loaded, I get BSOD for various reasons.

Code:
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    BAD_POOL_HEADER
    PAGE_FAULT_BEYOND_END_OF_ALLOCATION
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    After that, if I reboot and launch memtest86+, I get hundreds of errors. If I unplug the PC and re-plug it, it works. I even managed to run an 9 passes (8+ hours) without getting an error. I saw some people had this issue and I'd like to know if my RAM belongs to the same faulty batch.

I have the latest bios from my motherboard (F8) and here are a few screenshots of my configuration (nothing tweaked, everything with "Load optimized defaults").

http://i54.tinypic.com/349dzyx.jpg
    http://i51.tinypic.com/qnp5q1.jpg

Since I waited too long, I'd have to RMA it directly to G-Skill. Anyone knows how long it would take for someone living in Montreal, Canada ?

Thanks for your help .

Ben
    Last edited by pthiben; 09-11-2010, 09:13 AM.

It may take 2 weeks, the Canada Post / customs can be very picky.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Before I start the RMA procedure, do you think the symptoms I described match the cold boot issues other users have experienced ? I wouldn't want to see my RMA refused

Thanks
      Last edited by pthiben; 09-12-2010, 07:36 AM.

Comment

No, we will not refuse. The only time we may is if you send us non-G.Skill or counterfeit G.Skill products.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X