F3-12800cl8d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl8d

Hello, I have Recently purchased 8 gig of the F-312800CL8D ddr3 1600 gskil ram, But can only get it to run at 1333. my specs are as follows:
    Cpu: QX9650 @ 9.5x400. 3.8G, 1600fsb
    M/B: DFI LP UT-X48t3rs latest bios 3/26/09
    Ram: gskill F3-12800CL8D @ 1333 (currently @ 8-7-7-20)
    Ram divider currently @ 400/1333 (tried 400/1600, gets past post, then fails to boot to windows)
    Windows vista 64bit home premium

my overclock of cpu is def stable....been primed for days with no errors, and passed numerous benhmarks.
    I have tried to load xmp profile from ram, with no success. i have tried to set manual timings of 8-8-8-24 (as specified) with ram divider set @ 400/1600 and played with voltages for hours (from 1.7 to 1.9) with no go @ 1600mhz.

just wondering if there is a nice gskill dude out there willing to lend some advice?

Cheers Cooper

Also: havent been able to find the right skew model in my bios for this ram either....so help on that would be great to....thanks alot
    Last edited by Cooper; 09-08-2010, 10:53 PM. Reason: additional information

somebody out there must hav some advice for me? please?

Comment

If you are attempting four modules, you may need to raise the NB Voltage. The memory controller will be overloaded, so make sure to raise that voltage accordingly.

Keep me posted on the results.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

thanks gskill, just wondering if you know what skew model this ram is best suited for in my bios? i have tried most of them but can't tell which one is best

Comment

hey....tried uppin N/B volt, still no success, and now everytime i try to load @ 1600mhz (ram divider 400/1600) i get this error:
          File: \Windows\system32\config\system
          Info: windows has failed to load because the system registry file is missing, or corrupt.

but only when i try ram @ 1600mhz.... it's fine apart from that.

it's just frustrating to buy something that says it can run at these specs, not mentioning that it is an xmp profile, or you have to overclock to get to those speeds any where on the packaging, and for the price i paid to have "1600mhz" ram, i could've got 1333 ram at better timings for better price, yet here i am.

frustrating

cheers...

cooper

Comment

What voltage did you try?

That error is because of bad settings, most likely due to not enough voltage...

The memory can operate these specs, your motherboard requires you to tweak it, especially because it is 8GB. This is performance memory, if you want plug and play, you should have purchased DDR3-1333 CL9. So you are attempting something your motherboard is not cut out for, and you don't know how to tweak it, that's why it's frustrating. Lucky for you, you purchased G.Skill, so we are here to help. Although, we can only guide you and give you tips, the rest is up to you.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X