1090t + crosshair iv +flare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1090t + crosshair iv +flare

OK, please go easy on me, its been a loooong time since I've done a build, and although most things have stayed similar enough for me to grasp, memory has changed alot. It used to be plug em in and go.....but not so much anymore. I have my bios set to auto, but my ram (flare 2000mhz) is only showing up at 1333mhz. What settings should I be setting this to to start? Should I be in specific slots? I plan on overclocking, but not right now. I just want to get up and running with no headaches for a few weeks before I play around. Thanks!

From your main BIOS menu go to the Extreme Tweaker Menu
    Scroll down to AI Overclock Tuner
    Change the setting from Auto to D.O.C.P
    Now scroll down to DRAM O.C. Profile
    Select the profile for DDR3 2000
    Press F10 to save changes and exit the BIOS
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

seemed to work good for a bit, but then started crashin on me. Changed the profile to 1600 and is stable, but not sure where to go from there. Looks like I have alot of reading to do, I have a system with so much potential, I gotta figure out how to tweak it all!

Comment

Did you change your CPU/NB voltage? In order to run stable at 2000Mhz, I think you need something like 1.25V on it. Try that and make sure you got 1.65V on the RAM too.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcmtl View Post
          Did you change your CPU/NB voltage? In order to run stable at 2000Mhz, I think you need something like 1.25V on it. Try that and make sure you got 1.65V on the RAM too.
          Yep, these are definitely the right steps You can try even a little higher voltage on the CPU/NB voltage if you need. But usually between 1.25 - 1.28v does the trick.
          MSI Big Bang xPower x58
          Intel i7 950
          GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
          Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
          Corsair TX950W

Comment

Ok, I was going to do what you said, but I noticed it changed my cpu multiplier to 13x and my FSB to 250. I am currently running an overclock at 20x200. Where do I go from here? lol

Comment

If you want to overclock to 4Ghz, then leave the fsb at 250 as it's the default setting for your RAM to be at 2000MHz. Set 16x multiplier on the CPU, bump the voltage up to at 1.4-1.45V and bump the CPU/NB voltage to 1.25V. If you leave your NB multiplier at the 10x default value, you will have 2.5Ghz on the NB which is a good start.

Comment

could not get that to run at all.....):

Comment

Here what you should do step by step:

from wevsspot's post:
                  "From your main BIOS menu go to the Extreme Tweaker Menu
                  Scroll down to AI Overclock Tuner
                  Change the setting from Auto to D.O.C.P
                  Now scroll down to DRAM O.C. Profile
                  Select the profile for DDR3 2000"
                  Change CPU & NB voltage mode to manual
                  Bump CPU/NB voltage to 1.25V

You should now be running 13x250 on the CPU, DDR3-2000 and 10x250 on the CPU/NB.

Then if you want to overclock to 4Ghz, just change multiplier to 16 and bump voltage to 1.4V or higher. This setting should make you boot to Windows. Stability issue can be tested later.

Comment

did exactly that, and started getting crashes. Wondering if I should just run at 1600 and change timings or something? Please forgive me if I make no sense...lol

I honestly figured getting this machine to 4ghz and overclocking my video card would be a piece of cake with my setup, but so far its been nothing but a headache....lol

Comment

Did you put RAM in the red slots or black slots?

Comment

red slots

This morning I set my computer to 20x200 mhz, my vcore to 1.45v and am running stable. My ram is only at 1600 though. Can I run at this speed and "tighten" up the settings or is this a no-no. If so, what should I set them to? I took dram voltage out of auto and set to 1.65.

Comment

Try it on the black slots, I heard they are better than the red. If it's still isn't stable, we'll figure something later.

Comment

Never hurts to try different slots, but Asus specifically recommends the red slots for overclocked memory.

I don't think the OP will get 4.0Ghz out of his processor and get his RAM running stable at DDR3 2000.

You're going to have to choose one or the other. If it were me I'd go for cpu clocks and the tightest memory timings I could get at DDR3 1600 speeds.

If you want to try and keep the XMP profile you could drop your cpu/nb multiplier down to something lower than 2500Mhz. You could try 2000Mhz for example...............
                            MSI Big Bang xPower x58
                            Intel i7 950
                            GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
                            Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
                            Corsair TX950W

Comment

DDR3-2000 is still a little tricky on this motherboard.

I think you should easily be capable of DDR3-1900 4.0GHz. I was able to accomplish this basically the 3rd time I boot with this combo.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X