Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage and timings for 12800CL7 4GBECO

Hello,

I just purchase a F3-12800CL7-4GBECO kit. On my motherboard (Gygabyte GA-P55A_UD3) i
    can set the RAM voltage to 1.3, 1.4, ... but not 1.35. I set 1.3 (the actual value reported by the
    BIOS is 1.328V). My cpu is a i5 750.

Is it the best choice? Also, may I do a "light overclocking" without compromising the longevity of
    the system. I mostly use my computer for music software like audacity, rosegarden sequencer
    (without external midi pheripherals).

Here are the values from my Bios for timings:
    tCL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-(tRRD-tNTR-tRFC-TCMD)
    7-8-7-24-(4-21-74-1)

thanks for advices

PS: I apologize for my english (I'm french)

The ECO series is very good for this motherboard. Enable XMP and everyting should work fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for your answer,
      I tried to enabled the XMP profile as you suggest but my system do no restart properly:
      I was left with a blank screen and my motherboard makes some "beep". After restarting
      the computer, the Bios send a message like "Wrong overclocking parameters", so I return to
      the previous settings.

Is their some options in the Bios which could not be compatible with the XMP profile? (my bios version
      is 5, the mobo is rev 1.0)

Comment

Did you check one at a time to see if one is defective?

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Not yet,
          but Memtest and Prime95 are ok
          Maybe I have to disable some other option in the BIOS before using the xmp profile?
          Thank you

Comment

Always disable the power saving features if you are overclocking.

The XMP should set this memory up just fine, so if there is a problem, there is a likely chance that something may be defective.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

[Solved] Voltage and timings for 12800CL7 4GBECO

Hello,

I apologize for delay (lot of work!). I checked the power settings but they was not enabled, thus I checked again all the Bios options, I finally found that the default option "Performance Enhance" in "Advanced Memory settings" was "Turbo" this corresponds to a frequency of (160x19=3. GHz) when the XMP profile is enabled, maybe a bit too high for my i5 2.66.

So I set the"Performance Enhance" to "Normal" (which gives 2.75GHz): All is working perfectly!

I also have add 4 Go for a total of 8 without problem

Thanks for all

Comment

Working...
              X