Memory Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Troubles

Okay so I have been having trouble with my PC and Blue Screens of Death and I have ruled out everything but my RAM. I have scanned all three sticks of my tripple channel ram together and now I am doing them separately using memtest86+ - does anyone know how many passes I need to leave it going for... or the optimum settings to run it through? Any assistance would be appreciated! Cheers.

hehe

Okay so here is the story. I built a PC with a DFI LANPARTY DK X58 MOBO and a i7 2.8GHz quad core CPU and two radeon gfx cards 5870 running in crossfire with tripple channel 1600ms 6GB tripple channel Gskill ram.

So I installed my Windows 7 and then I installed StarCraft 2 and everything was going fine until I alt+tab which gave me a Blue Screen Error. I ignored this and continued and then errors started popping up regularly and just not surround SC2 (which was the initial focus area). The error codes were usually re Memory Management and then became more random over time. I searched forums and I did the Windows Memory test and found no Ram problem... I ran all RAM modules together.

I then updated all drivers but by the time I did this I assume the no. of errors caused corrupt starcraft 2 game files and corrupt installation files and faulty drivers. So I decided fresh start and reinstall Windows. I did this and ensured my drivers were updated immediately. All way fine and then ... blue screen error, and then more came in and finally my StarCraft 2 files corrupt (EVEN WHEN I REINSTALL or DIRECT copy files from External HArd Drive) and I cannot play... and now it says my ATI drivers are missing or not working properly... I believe because they too are corrupt.

I am trying to test each memory piece as described above. And if any1 can give me technical advice on solving this I would appreciate it as I am not computer savvy and getting depressed after weeks and weeks of blue screen and reinstallations...

If need anymore information just let me know! CHeers

Comment

Just test each module with the proper settings to be if one is defective causing problems.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X