Intermittent problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent problems?

I have the [ Ripjaws ] F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (2Gx2) / F3-12800CL9Q-8GBRL (2Gx4) installed on my system and it seems to have problems off and on according to the hci memtest. Some times I can run the memtest and it wont detect any issues and some times it will detect errors within secs "Memory error detected! Pair ######## does not store values accurately." This is my specs on my PC:
    All on stock settings, no overclocking.
    Case: CM690
    Mobo: Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
    Graphics: Gigabyte Radeon HD 5850
    RAM: 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600
    HDD: 500GB HDD + Samsung 750GB SATA
    CPU Heatsink: Corsair H50
    PSU: Antec 650w Truepower

Does this happen often? Do I have a bad pair of sticks?

From the main BIOS menu page select Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker

Scroll down to DRAM Configuration and manually input your four primary memory timings and command rate
    9-9-9-24 2T

Scroll down to System Voltage Control and change from Auto to Manual
    Under DRAM Voltage Control change to 1.54v
    Under CPU NB VID Control change to 1.26v as a starting point

Now press the F10 key to save your changes and exit BIOS. Retest memory.
    Last edited by wevsspot; 09-03-2010, 08:18 AM.
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

I did the voltage bumps you suggested and ran the Memtest until completion and it passed without errors. So far so good, I'm still a little hesitant because like I said the problems comes and go, hopefully it will be stable from now on. Thanks for the help wevsspot.

Comment

Hopefully that did the trick. If not let us know and we can try a few different things.

Regards,

Wev
        MSI Big Bang xPower x58
        Intel i7 950
        GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
        Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
        Corsair TX950W

Comment

So after the voltage bump my computer was running pretty stable, no programs were crashing. I went to go turn on the computer this morning and after the post screen I got the bsod. It restarted and during the same part the bsod came on again.. I ran the windows repair it told me to restore to an earlier point I clicked okay, and it said repair was not sucessful and then it shut down on it's own. Did the voltage bump cause this? It's still a little to earlier but I'll return to stock and still if it boots up properly.

Comment

astrob0y, I had very similar problems as you. My computer even had trouble starting up several times and insisted on a system restore point. Like yours, mine happened after a cold start (after computer was off for a while).

I would also get random blue screens, and have similar behavior of memtest passing and then other times it would fail (usually when first turning on the computer).

So far I'm on week 2 of running on the newly replaced RMA ram, and I haven't had a single issue. No more blue screens, memtest is happy, and no other problems.

Comment

What's your computer specs? and which rams did you have? I wonder RMAing it would be the right decision.. It shouldn't have this many issue out of the box, if it can't run normally on given specs it should be RMA'd.

Comment

My system looks a lot different than yours but it looks like we did have the same type of ram:

Motherboard: Asus Formula III Maximus
                CPU: Core i7 860
                Memory: F3-16000CLD9-4GBRH - 8GB's (gskill ripjaw's overclocked to 2.0ghz)
                Hard Drive: Two Intel 80GB's Raid 0
                Video Card: ATI Radeon 5870

Everything is still running perfectly since my RMA arrived (* knock on wood), nothing else has changed.

Comment

I have exactly the same problems as you mate, I'v tryed everything and nothing work. I also have the same RAM and same CPU. I guess we'll have to send our ram back.

How much time did it take to get your new ram veggiemonster ?

And what is the new ram ?

Comment

If your memory intermittently fails memtest or causes bsod's, then you should request an RMA for replacement memory.

GSkill is very good about honoring their lifetime guarantee, amount of time for the entire RMA process depends on your location.
                    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
                    Intel i7 950
                    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
                    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
                    Corsair TX950W

Comment

Test each module with the XMP profile in slot A1. They should clear, if not, it is probably defective.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Okay I'm still having issues, when I turn off my computer for an extended period of time it has issues turning on. It would hang at the windows logo then I hear things speed up in the pc and it just restarts itself again... When it boots up it ask me to do a windows repair and restore point that always fails. I'm ready to RMA this kit...

Comment

Go ahead and send them in for new replacements. If you'd like, you can also request to have them tested before shipping.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Just sent them today, used priority shipping so hopefully I will get them back faster.

How can i request you guys to test them before sending them back??

Comment

Simply let the RMA department know. Email them and ask them to, or simply write it on the top of the RMA form you send in.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X