Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL and ASUS Rampage III Extreme

Hello,
    I need some assistance configuring my BIOS memory settings. Here is my system configuration:

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage III Extreme (Version 0802)
    CPU: I7-980X
    Memory: F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL x 2 (4 sticks of 4 GB each, 16GB total)

My system is not running well, boot sequence is extremely slow, and trying to install Windows 7 just freezes during the DVD boot.

My BIOS is currently showing:
    QPI/DRAM Core Voltage: 1.151 [Auto]
    DRAM Bus Voltage: 1.667 [Auto]

I tried setting the DRAM Bus Voltage manually to 1.50V ? and BIOS will set it to: 1.51050. This results in an error during boot (Overclocking Failed).

Can you please assist with proper BIOS configuration, memory timings, voltages, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

This is a triple channel motherboard. Try 3 slots A1, B1, C1 and see how that works.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

RE: Help with F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL and ASUS Rampage III Extreme

I currently have sticks in A1, B1, C1, and A2 per the motherboard instructions when using 4 memory sticks. Are you suggesting removing the 4th stick altogether and just running with 3 total? Motherboard manual seems to indicate 4 sticks are ok, but I'm happy to try.

Even in that configuration, what should I set QPI/DRAM Core Voltage and DRAM Bus Voltage to?

Thanks

Comment

3 sticks, the motherboard should be able to adjust QPI/DRAM Voltage on it's own. 4 sticks, you may need to raise it. Did you try testing each individually to insure none are defective? Also, enabling the XMP Profile under AI Overclock Tuner may be the easiest way to configure the memory.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X