4 x 4gb sticks of the ripjaw 12800 in a asus crosshair IV formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 x 4gb sticks of the ripjaw 12800 in a asus crosshair IV formula

update I had some help from an other forum. I set my ram voltage up to 1.6 my NB to 1.3 and my cpu/nb up also and the cpu and i was able to run prime95 with the ram at 1333, right now i'm testing all 4 sticks with memtest86 at 1600 and back down to 1.5 volts
    PROBLEM: when i have all 4 sticks of ram in the computer crashes within 2-60 mintues of running in windows. Never crashed during prime test (but only ran for a like 30 minutes)

I am guessing it is a voltage issue, but i'm not fully sure if it is the NB or CPU/NB voltage i need to increase and by how much. I am thinking it has to due with the low power.
    While typing this I had prime running and it did crash with in about 30 minutes.
    hmmm now it has crashed on boot into windows twice...

Running Memtest86 now to see if i get any errors with the Ram. any helps or ideas for testing or what the problem might be would be very helpful.

PROBLEM2: Half the time when the system reboots the ether net port is only connect to the local network and will not connect to the internet. I have to ether reboot or reinstall the driver to get it working.... not sure if this has any relation or not (possible bad board ?)

PROBLEM3: before the system started crashing I did try to up the cpu to 4Ghz it started fine the started to crash a few times as i was playing with it. the heat never got very high, but at some point it crashed my SSD. i was not able to recover it and when i put into paragon hard disk manager it was unable to do anything with it because of IO Errors, It is normal or easy to fry a SSD ? I am starting to wonder if my MB is bad ? or maybe the PSU ? how do you tell ?

The MB is running the latest bios Asus has on there site (came this way)

What I have
    MB: asus crosshair iv formula 890fx
    CPU: AMD 1090T
    Ram: 4 sticks of the GSkill 43-12800cl9s-4gbrl (16gigs of ram)
    PSU ABS: 900W MJ900 RT
    Case: cooler Master HAF X
    GPU: Palit NE5TX470F10DA GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP

I am still waiting for for the
    OS harddrive: Crucial RealSSD C300
    New CPU Fan: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm Ceramic CPU Cooler

If you think that chipset voltages might be the issue you can change the following and test;

NB Voltage = [1.40v] this can be lowered later if we can get the system stable
    CPU/NB Voltage = [1.26v]

By the way there is a typo in the memory part number you listed above - it should be "F3" not "43"

Manually input your DRAM Voltage and four primary memory timings.

DRAM Voltage = [1.5v]
    Timings = 9-9-9-24 2T
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

First, test each module to see if they all pass fine. This way you know it is a setting issue, not defective memory.

The internet problem is up in the air. We will understand better after we resolve these other problems.

SSDs are easy to fry, so not surprising.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I did test each stick of Ram and all 4 together, no errors. all for sticks ran all night long at 1.5 volts and 1600 speed, running the system i have put it back down to 1333 and 1.55v until i get all the other voltages worked out.

thank you everyone for your help so far. Things seems to be doing better, and as I am tired of crashing I am not desperate to find out exactly yet what was causing it.

I set the trimming manually on the ram and set the voltage up on a few things.
        Turned of Cool and quite.
        No longer turning on the turbo unlocker inside windows, and that messes with the cpu multipler
        also running the ram at 1333
        I Started at
        VCORE 1.4
        DRAM 1.6
        NB 1.3
        CPU/NB 1.3

RIGHT Now I am testing
        VCORE (CPU) 1.3
        DRAM 1.55
        CPU/NB 1.25
        NB 1.3

Using Prime95 for stress test right now and have it on the full stress test.
        right now two are showing lower voltage then i set very strange

Vcore 1.23
        CPU/NB 1.2

DRAM 1.55
        NB 1.3

So maybe i need to clear the CMOS or something, not sure why the VCORE and CPU/NB are not showing what is set. strange.

ALSO my I/O pannel on my case is bad. If i even touch a usb cable to the ports on the front it resets the computer. I have RMA'ed for that part

Comment

teslavin,

it isn't strange to see your actual voltages less than what you have them set in the BIOS, especially under load. There is always going to be a little bit of variation between what you set and what the actual ends up being - or the way it is reported by software.

so let me stress that this slight voltage drop isn't anything to worry about.

if possible you should try and run your RAM at the specified voltage of 1.50v, but if that doesn't work 1.55v should still be within spec and not affect your warranty.

keep us posted.
          MSI Big Bang xPower x58
          Intel i7 950
          GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
          Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
          Corsair TX950W

Comment

The only voltage that is running "funny" is the CPU/NB i tried setting it to 1.15 and now it is running at 1.00 when the computer is idle. so it is dropping it .15 from what i set.

Comment

It's ok to compensate for that then. You will still be within the max safe voltage range for CPU/NB voltage.
              MSI Big Bang xPower x58
              Intel i7 950
              GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
              Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
              Corsair TX950W

Comment

Working...
              X