X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phenom 1090T + Crosshair IV + G.Skill F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD

Just bought:
    1090T + Crosshair IV bios 1005.
    Have 1 set of F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD ( recommended by asus )
    there set at 9-9-9-24 2t 1.65 v

I can only get them up to 1033 mhz. and no higher.
    tried differnt combos of OC. Bois projected 2000 OC and still only shows 1033 mhz.

Defualt settings are 668 Mhz.

Note: mem banks are in the black slots due to cpu fan blocking 1st red slot. (Fins are high on memory stick) Can this be the issue?

Anyone have a settings guide for this combo? or suggestions.
    iam still within the 30 days with Newegg.

thank you.

I have been playing with the same mother board and the same ram but with 4 sticks. I have had it running with one as I tested each one separately and they set at 1333 or 1600. so I am not sure what is going on.

I know I am not much help but with the same CPU, MB and Ram you would think it would show up the same. did you have all the defaults set or did you change anything in the bios ? i have bios 0801 i think (I am currently running memetst86 on the 16gigs of ram, so i can't look) but at the default settings my speed showed up as 1333, but i could change to the 1600 very easy in the bios.

Comment

I have the same set up. Except I have the CL7 ram @2000Mhz 7-9-7-24-1T

You have set D.O.C.P in the BIOS - select Profile #1 for the RAM which will set your RAM frequency.

You have to manually set the RAM timings to their spec @ 7-9-7-24-2T or 1T( which I'm at)
      You have to OC the FSB to 250 and then set your multiplier to whatever you want your chip to clock to.

I'm at 250x16=4.0Ghz 1.4v on my vcore. Stable and smooth. My HT Link is @ 2250 and my NB is running @ 2500Mhz

This RAM is awesome sauce.

However, I'm only running 4GB. It's unlikely that anything greater than 8GB will run at 2000Mhz. It's harder on the AMD chipsets.

Comment

I tried the D.O.C.P with Profile #1 and set my ram 9-9-9-24 1.65v . but only was able to get 1033 mhz. only running 4gigs due to hieght of ram fins.

iam OC at 4ghz atm.

i manually set vcore to 1.45 and left my HT and NB on Auto. ( Should i imput this values also or leave them set to auto? )

Comment

Always enter them manually. The BIOS will undoubtedly shoot the voltage up too high when its not needed.

Set to manual and then key in your voltages.

Comment

Your motherboard manual specifically recommends using the red slots when using a two dimm configuration..................... don't know if that might be contributing to your issue or not.
            MSI Big Bang xPower x58
            Intel i7 950
            GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
            Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
            OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
            WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
            WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
            Corsair TX950W
            Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Ok tried everything still reads 1033 mhz... so back to Newegg. bought the Flare series.

Comment

I'm confused, where are you reading the 1033 Mhz at?

If you set everything to default and change the BIOS settings for the RAM to say... 1600Mhz

and then reboot. What happens?

I just can't imagine the RAM not working.

It's got to be something.. a missing step perhaps.

You have to select the Profile #1 and you ALSO have select DDR-2000 from the DRAM list options.
                Last edited by VoXPCS; 08-31-2010, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Iam also confused, did everything you said and moved then in the red slots and still read 1033 Mhz on CPU-Z and AMD Overdrive.

So they went back Newegg since the 30 day return was clicking down.

Comment

Then they were working just fine.

CPU-Z displays it as 1000mhz - That's a screen shot of my RAM above (Flare) - it's dual channel - you have to double that number in your head. (Double Data Rate = DDR)

You were running at 2000mhz. The RAM is fine.

download a program called Everest Ultimate Edition. That will display 2000mhz instead of 1000mhz.

It's easier to understand.
                    Last edited by VoXPCS; 09-01-2010, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X