Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH failing memtest v4.10

Hi there,

Finally had the time to diagnose my computer after it was purchased and built about a year ago.

Model of the motherboard: Asus P7P55D Deluxe
    Model of the memory: G.SKILL F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH Ripjaws PC3-12800 (4 sticks of 2GB)
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core i5/i7 860

What is the problem?

- Blue screen at random times
    - Firefox consistently crashing when I have more tabs open and websites that takes a lot of memory
    - "Display driver stopped working and has recovered"

I researched on the display driver stopped working issue and someone came up with a suggestion to run memtest. After running memtest for 3 hours I have a bunch of errors, I posted the screenshots below. I was also wondering why I'm getting blue screens and applications such as Firefox and what-not crashing.

Note that everything is on default, I have not tweaked anything in the bios. I have just done a Bios update though then ran memtest. I took some screenshots as I'm no computer geek and don't really know what it means.

Click on thumbnail to enlarge picture. Looking forward for some advice on how to resolve this problem.

Thanks

Enable XMP, test each module individually to see if one is defective and causing the problems.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi there Gskill Tech,

I've enabled XMP and done memtests to narrow down the problematic stick. I have successfully singled out one bad stick as it failed test 1 and failed majorly in test 5 and 6.

Do you accept RMAs? If yes, do I need the original packaging as I'm not sure if I still have it, but I do have the invoice from the purchase at NCIX.com last October.

Thanks

Comment

Great, glad to hear you were able to sort out the bad module. We sure do accept RMAs if the memory is not physically damaged and the warranty sticker is not removed! We do not need the original packaging. Simply complete our RMA procedures online: http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for all the help. Just a question though, how long does the process usually take? I've sent in my ram module about a week+ ago but still haven't got it back.

Thanks

Comment

What is your RMA number? You should get it back roughly in a week.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi,

RMA# is UR2102462

Comment

Do you have the tracking number for the return package? We have not shipped anything back to you, so either we have not received it yet, or it is still being processed. We are up to date with RMAs, so it seems like it may be missing if we supposedly received it a week ago...

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

gskill

Unfortunately I don't have a tracking number as it was mailed out as a letter =S. I hope that it isn't missing in transit

Comment

I see it! Shipping out today. Sometimes it is just being processed so it needs some time to go through the system. =)

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                      I see it! Shipping out today. Sometimes it is just being processed so it needs some time to go through the system. =)

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH
                      Hmmm, I still don't have it today, taking quite sometime. I hope its not lost. Is there some kind of tracking number of some sort?

Comment

No, it's probably still on the way. Customs can take some time.

Customs Barcode Number
                        LJ 332 074 484 US

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                        X